Customer Case Study – Desato.com
Desato provides Ecommerce solutions using industry respected ATG Ecommerce software. Desato’s engineers create efficient online business environments, customizing and seamlessly integrating applications for complete business critical solutions. As a systems integrator, Desato puts together the right set of components and manages services to meet all of the needs of the end user.
Desato delivers Operations Management conversant with virtually every Database, Application Server and Web Server available. Desato’s presence in the European and Asian markets demonstrates its global capacity to build end-to end solutions for its clients, from research and needs analysis to infrastructure architecture and applications that work seamlessly, on time every time.
Desato was engaged by an established multinational firm with diverse business interests to build out its first foray into ecommerce. For Desato to succeed, The ATG Ecommerce application needed to run flawlessly to support this new revenue stream. In addition, a top-tier managed hosting partner was needed to provide the production and testing infrastructure, as well as disaster recovery services.
Darren Pirang, President and CEO of Desato, identified some of the core needs of his firm. “Our hosting partner needed to demonstrate flexibility, reliability, responsiveness, and a broad knowledge base.” He continued: “We needed to know that application management could be safely done”.
In considering the right approach and the right partner, along with the specific technical specifications, Desato identified several business critical elements that their chosen partner would have to provide:
- A focus on managed hosting services and proven track record
- The flexibility to meet the unique requirements of the client’s ATG application
- Certification against the industry’s highest information security standards
- A willingness to be involved in managing risk
- An ultra-high level of service delivered within established ITIL best practices for IT Service Management (ITSM) by individuals intimately familiar with Desato’s needs and those of the end user
Desato looked at a number of potential partners as they determined their needs. They carefully considered Q9 and Fusepoint, leading Canadian managed hosting firms, as well as others. In the end, Desato settled on Tenzing. Pirang was impressed with Tenzing’s data centers and infrastructure, but what made Tenzing the right fit was its commitment to total customer ownership and satisfaction. Right from the start, Tenzing demonstrated that its services were eminently scalable, flexible, and reliable. “They hit all the right notes.” according to Pirang, “Not only did they cover off all our requirements for an enterprise-class solution but there was no cumbersome internal bureaucracy to deal with. Tenzing’s seamless, highly structured internal organization, quarterbacked by the Technical Account Manager (TAM) dedicated to our account, was hard at work from the start.”
Tenzing brings a wealth of experience and a formidable knowledge base to its comprehensive portfolio of managed IT services. Its five-step, “Summit with Tenzing” approach to managed services and ISO 27001 and SSAE 16 certified hosting infrastructure has set new benchmarks for performance. Tenzing has developed a reputation for flexibility and responsiveness among newer companies, while demonstrating to established firms that it is a trusted partner, sharing risks as well as best practices while managing the entire IT lifecycle.
While Tenzing provided Desato with a high performance, multi-tiered infrastructure to host the production, staging and management components of its ATG environment, most impressive to Desato was the “Summit with Tenzing” approach. “This disciplined approach to engineering, implementing and maintaining enterprise-class hosting environments,” noted Pirang, “resulted in better than expected outcomes.”
Desato couldn’t emphasize enough how impressed he was with Tenzing. “We don’t have to worry about anything,” said Pirang, “Tenzing allows us to focus on our business.” More specifically, Desato identified the following benefits and lessons from partnering with Tenzing:
- Achieved even better cost effectiveness than anticipated
- Achieved shared responsibility with Tenzing for positive outcomes with end client
- Achieved a high degree of end user satisfaction with the quality of service
- Focus on what you do best. By partnering with Tenzing, Desato was able to leverage its experience and enterprise-class IT infrastructure to achieve a higher quality of service and support for the ongoing generation of tens of millions of dollars of revenues for its customer without any capital investments or additional business risk. Meanwhile, Desato remained focused on what it does best: adding value to the customer at the application layer using the ATG platform.
- Look for Good Process. By working through the “Summit with Tenzing” approach to hosting business-critical Internet applications, Desato was confident the hosted ATG Ecommerce solution it presented to its large enterprise client was the right one. It addressed each business requirement in a comprehensive and cost effective way.
- People make the difference. Desato’s executives and engineers appreciated a partner whom they could trust, and who was not, in their words, “big and faceless”. They characterized the people they worked with at Tenzing as “fantastic” and an important part of their team.
To learn more about Tenzing’s managed IT services, please contact one of our consultants or call toll free at 877-767-5577.