Customer Case Study – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
About the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) is the home of specialty care in Canada, setting the setting the standards for postgraduate medical education, supporting the continuing professional development of 44,000 members, and shaping health system innovations nationwide. The Royal College oversees the medical education of specialists in Canada by setting high standards for postgraduate medical education and continuing professional development. In collaboration with health organizations and government agencies, it also plays a role in developing sound health policy in Canada.
RCPSC has a large and active membership base and needed a trusted partner to host their web portal. The security, scalability and reliability of the portal was of paramount concern and RCPSC required “bullet proof” service level guarantees from Tenzing after the poor level of service and frequent downtime they experience with a previous hosting provider. RCPSC’s key requirements included:
- A fully outsourced IT Service Management and Infrastructure solution that mitigated security and service availability risks
- Assessment and Solutions Engineering services to design the optimum IT Infrastructure and IT Service Management plan to address their specific requirements for Oracle Portal and MS Dynamics applications
- Infrastructure services to support the development, testing and delivery of their core business application
- Deployment Services to configure, document and test their application on the new IT Infrastructure
- Migration Services to seamlessly transition their applications from the previous provider
- 24x7x365 Incident and Problem Management services
Tenzing addressed all of RCPSC’s requirements through its comprehensive, proactive and collaborative “Summit with Tenzing” approach to managed IT services. A few of the key details of this enterprise-class solution includes:
- Customized Service Level Agreement (SLA) to address their specific business requirements
- Comprehensive assessment and engineering services to align system architecture and IT process with SLA deliverables
- Highly secure, scalable, and fault tolerant infrastructure for Oracle portal, application, and database technologies
- Network and compute capacity capable of scaling on-demand to 10 times average load
- Enterprise HP EVA 6000 SAN storage services
- “Sandbox” environment for the development, testing and staging of new applications and updates
Since partnering with Tenzing, RCPSC has enjoyed improved reliability and performance from its business-critical web portal and increased the confidence of members in its service. Moreover, it extended its Incident and Problem Management capabilities for this application to 24x7x365 at a fraction of the cost of doing this in-house. RCPSC own IT staff are now maintaining focus on strategic IT projects to improve the quality and scope of services it delivers to its membership.
To learn more about Tenzing’s managed IT services, please contact one of our consultants or call toll free at 877-767-5577.