Customer Case Study – ONE-EIGHTY CORP.
About ONE-EIGHTY CORP.
ONE-EIGHTY CORP. (OEC) is part of the Dealer Services division of ADP and provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to over 4,000 automotive dealerships across Canada. Their solution, called DLS Accelerator ®, delivers unparalleled A-Z sales and customer relationship management capabilities for automotive dealers who want to improve both the vehicle buying and selling experience.
OEC needed a trusted managed services partner to ensure the reliability, scalability and security of their business-critical SaaS application which supports over 4,000 customers across Canada.
OEC’s key business requirements included:
- An outsourced managed services model that managed the entire IT services life-cycle and is proactive, consultive, value sensitive and mitigates risk
- Assessment services to understand their business requirements and ITSM capabilities
- Solutions Engineering services to design the optimum IT Infrastructure and IT Service Management plan to address their specific requirements and capabilities
- Deployment Services to configure, document and test their SaaS application on an upgraded IT Infrastructure and Microsoft .Net framework
- Migration Services to transfer their live SaaS application with no interruption of service or data loss
- Availability and Continuity Management services with geographic redundancy built in
- 24x7x365 Incident and Problem Management services backed by meaningful SLA’s.
Tenzing’s OEC Managed Services Solution
Tenzing’s Summit with Tenzing service model addresses each of OEC’s business requirements outlined above. This comprehensive approach allowed OEC to redeploy their business-critical SaaS application with great confidence. Key technical details of Tenzing’s OEC solutions include:
- Deep technical dive into OEC’s SaaS application with Tenzing subject matter experts during the Assessment phase of the engagement process
- Testing and QA environments to facilitate ITIL Change and Release Management practices
- Load balanced architecture supporting Microsoft web and application farm environment
- Integrated Microsoft Active Directory services to improve security and reliability
- Hybrid combination of near real time data replication techniques for SQL Server and Web Farm.
- 64-bit Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Windows Enterprise Server solution w/Microsoft Cluster Services
- Enterprise SAN services using redundant Fibre Channel links to an HP Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) 6000 SAN
- Customized local and remote backup policies to meet OEC’s requirements for data retention and restoration times
- Customized application monitoring and notification solution
- Geographical redundancy leveraging Tenzing’s multiple Data Centres
- Custom escalation processes and procedures
With Tenzing, OEC has achieved each of its business objectives at a fraction of the cost of in-sourcing and significantly less than solutions proposed by leading managed hosting providers with less comprehensive service models. A Tenzing Technical Account Manager meets regularly with OEC to discuss changing requirements and capabilities, coordinate major changes and report key support and delivery metrics. The implementation of disciplined change and release management processes aligned with Tenzing’s best practices has increased OEC’s productivity and application uptime.