Data Centers and Locations
Merchants demand world-class reliability and security for their web stores from hosting providers. To this end, Pivotree employs a combination of its own Tier IV data centers and AWS data centers to provide a global and scalable data center footprint. Pivotree offers over 50 data centers in 13 distinct geographic regions, enabling retailers to deliver their unique brand of commerce anywhere in the world.
Pivotree Data Centers
Pivotree’s robust 2(N+1) data centers are engineered to withstand multiple points of failure and still maintain a level of redundancy that exceeds lesser data centers under normal operation. At the same time, one of Pivotree’s core values is environmental responsibility and it delivers by employing state-of-the-art power and cooling technologies in its data centers to maximize energy efficiency and eliminate any carbon footprint.
Key Business Benefits
- World-class infrastructure for a tiny fraction of the cost of building and maintaining yourself.
- A secure, “off-site” facility for storing and/or processing critical business information.
- Strategically located primary and secondary data center locations for geographical redundancy.
- Environmentally responsible zero carbon emission footprint.
Data Center Technicians
- Data center Technicians trained to the highest industry standards.
- Required to be experienced in managing enterprise-class IT infrastructures with strict change management protocols.
- On-site coverage 24x7x365.
AWS Data Centers
AWS designs its data centers to deliver high performance, scalability, security and redundancy. Each region of operation, for example, includes multiple availability zones, sophisticated cloud orchestration and routing technologies, high-speed network connectivity, and intelligent network storage delivered seamlessly as a service. In combination, these capabilities enable Pivotree to deliver near-realtime disaster recovery to retailers at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Security is a primary concern for retailers, especially in the aftermath of several high-profile data breaches at leading retailers across the country. Pivotree leverages a number of AWS security features designed to ensure that your web store and valuable customer data are protected:
AWS Security Features
- Secure access – Customer access points, also called API endpoints, allow secure HTTP access (HTTPS) so that you can establish secure communication sessions with your AWS services using SSL.
- Built-in firewalls – Pivotree can control how accessible your instances are by configuring built-in firewall rules – from totally public to completely private, or somewhere in between. And when your instances reside within a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) subnet, you can control egress as well as ingress.
- Unique users – The AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) tool allows Pivotree to control the level of access your own users have to your AWS infrastructure services. With AWS IAM, each user can have unique security credentials, eliminating the need for shared passwords or keys and allowing the security best practices of role separation and least privilege.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) – AWS provides built-in support for multi-factor authentication (MFA) for use with AWS Accounts as well as individual IAM user accounts.
- Private Subnets – The AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) service allows Pivotree to add another layer of network security to your instances by creating private subnets and even adding an IPsec VPN tunnel between your home network and your AWS VPC.
- Encrypted data storage – Customers can have the data and objects they store in Amazon S3, Glacier, Redshift, and Oracle RDS encrypted automatically using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256, a secure symmetric-key encryption standard using 256-bit encryption keys.
- Dedicated connection option – The AWS Direct Connect service allows Pivotree to establish a dedicated network connection from your premise to AWS. Using industry standard 802.1q VLANs, this dedicated connection can be partitioned into multiple logical connections to enable you to access both public and private IP environments within your AWS cloud.
- Security logs – AWS CloudTrail provides logs of all user activity within your AWS account. You can see what actions were performed on each of your AWS resources and by whom.
“Pivotree is a complete solution house. Their industry experience makes them an exceptional managed service provider for ecommerce. They are a great partner, they have amazing people, and it’s been a wonderful journey with them. I have no doubt they will continue to provide exceptional value as we grow.”
Sufi Khan Sulaiman, Vice President, E-Commerce and Digital