||Kelowna or Toronto
|Number of Positions:
TENZING Managed IT Services is a first class Software as a Service and Ecommerce enablement company, with an award winning approach to hosting business-critical Internet applications and reaching broad markets to address the unique business challenges faced by SaaS and Ecommerce providers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Developer to join a talented team responsible for the development and integration of a wide range of customer applications running on a mixture of Windows and Linux platforms. You will be responsible for integrating new modules as well as developing components of a larger application infrastructure within a project team which includes a mixture of developers, system administrators and internal customers. You will work on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis and design require excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Lead Development projects which may encompass the full development lifecycle from initial analysis to implementation into production.
- Exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, including weighing the costs of various solutions against their benefits and risks.
- Constantly plan, prioritize and document functional changes, enhancements and updates to code.
- Monitor and report progress against established metrics.
- Research solutions and techniques as required for projects.
- Create and maintain manual and automated test suites as part of the development cycle.
- Maintain existing development and staging environment to mimic the production environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical support issues escalated to the Development Team from Technical Services for a variety of mission critical applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring up-to-date training and support documentation.
- Cross train other staff on all applications and components to both technical staff and sales teams.
- Participate in and complete production changes by following Tenzing’s change management policies, which follow ITIL practices.
- Be aware of the company's policy on information security and any actions that may be required from time to time under the terms of the company's Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Be aware of and abide by all company policies and procedures (e.g. Employee Handbook).
Requirements (Skills and Competencies)
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience on Windows systems.
- 1+ years of developent on Linux systems (RHEL and SLES preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following languages / development tools: Java, C#, ASP.NET, C/C++
- Experience working in a Jboss/websphere environment
- Windows service / Linux daemon development.
- Experience required in the administration, implementation and development on database systems, primarily Microsoft SQL Server MySQL and/or Postgresql are desired.
- Knowledge of the OSI network stack.
- Network level development using sockets is desired
- Strong understanding of file system concepts, server clustering technologies and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the IIS web server is required.
- Version control – experience using one of CVS/RCS/Subversion.
- Experience with developing cross-platform applications.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle and agile development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Able to multi-task and to work well under pressure, including resolving problems quickly under pressure (e.g. service restoration due to an outage)
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Additional Skills Desired
- Undertanding of eCommerce based applications
- Windows and Linux system administration.
- Additional experience with the following languages: Shell Scripting, Ruby, PHP
- Knowledge of server load balancing.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies – Xen, VMware, Hyper-V
- Familiar with ITIL methodologies and implementations.
This position is located in our Kelowna or Toronto offices and comes with an attractive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
If you are a motivated, performance-driven individual, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Only those who are currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services!