Our post today comes from Hubba a Toronto company that is building a B2B product information network that helps brands and retailers manage and share their product information for omnichannel commerce … and did I mention it’s free?
Take it away Hubba ..
So .. which product would you rather buy?
From the shipping department needing to know how many toothbrushes come in a case and the size of that case, to the buying team needing to know the MSRP, to the eCommerce team needing product images to put on the website, there are so many departments that need product information.
Shipping, receiving and buying have been a part of the retail world forever, but the eCommerce piece is relatively new. For many retailers eCommerce is still non-existent. Like any new process, there are still lots of kinks to work out. Since the explosion of eCommerce, consumers now have a lot more power than they once did. Shoppers are demanding more information and content from retailers about the products they buy.
Here are some reasons why it’s tough for retailers to manage product information.
1. Retailers are content starved and do not have constant access to all the information and content that consumers are searching for. Retailers have to play a game of cat and mouse when it comes to chasing down content from all of their vendors.
2. Retailers typically stock 100’s or 1000’s of products and vendors don’t share their product information in a standardized way. Content gets delivered to retailers in too many formats including files-sharing links, email attachments, FTPs, vendor portals and more.
3. There isn’t one point person who is responsible for gathering this content from their vendors. Whose job is it to source product content? The buyer? eComm team? Marketing team? Everybody?
4. No due diligence on the retail side to making sure product information is available to all the various internal departments who need it. The Marketing team needs a 2D jpeg flyer image and the eComm team needs a 3D high res eps image.
The list really goes on and on but the main takeaway is that receiving and receiving product information is a retail nightmare.
So, how does Hubba fix these problems for retailers?
1. Hubba gives retailers one central place to find product information and marketing content from your brands and vendors. Goodbye email attachments, vendor specific FTP sites, expired public file-sharing links; Hubba is your one stop shop, there is no need to go anywhere else.
2. Everybody is welcome to join…for FREE! It doesn’t matter how big or small a retailer or vendor is, they can connect on Hubba.
3. Retailers can store whatever kind of product information they want on Hubba. From product name to shipping information to product images to product catalogues… our platform is flexible.
4. Every piece of content retailers see on Hubba is the latest and greatest information, updated in real-time by the vendor. No more file name guessing games about which is the most current product image (product_shot_v4_Final-UseThisOne vs. product_shot_v4_Final-RealOne etc).
5. Hubba has no limits on file size. Files and images of all types and sizes are welcome.
6. Exporting 100’s of products at a time takes seconds. Getting product information out of Hubba is a snap. You’re able to download all the product images you want in one click.
The question I will pose to you is, do you want to be the one losing out on a sale to because you don’t have a product image?
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018