The holiday shopping season will be ramping up in just a few weeks, which means that now – right now – is the time to begin preparing your ecommerce site. There are a number of things you should do to get ready, but improving your site speed should be on the top of your list. Just consider these facts:
- 47% of your customers expect your site to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% will abandon your site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- Customers that do stick around will grow 16% less satisfied every additional second they have to wait.
- 79% of disgruntled customers will never return to your site.
Forget about marketing, inventory, and logistics for a second. If you don’t make efforts to improve ecommerce site speed, you may lose out on huge opportunities to generate revenue this holiday season.
Ways to Improve Ecommerce Site Speed
Luckily, there are simple steps you can take to ensure consistently fast load times before the shopping season starts in earnest.
- Application Sequencing: When application sequencing is customized based on visitor characteristics, it ensures that visitors see the most engaging aspects of your ecommerce site first.
- Front-End Optimization: Traditional front-end optimization principles have long been used to improve page load times and create an agile site.
- Federated CDN: Cloud-based content caching and edge networks help multiply site speeds and ensures that customer location does not create an unnecessary lag.
- End to End Monitoring – Being able to monitor your site speed at all times, on all devices and browsers, ensures you can respond to slow downs before they have an adverse effect on your business.
If you want to improve ecommerce site speed but don’t have time to make each of these optimizations before the holiday rush, rely on Tenzing. Our Site Optimizer tool may be able to cut your load time in half. Contact one of our representatives before the holiday season gets any closer.