How to Choose a Long-Term ATG Host
Switching hosting providers can be extremely disruptive for online retailers. That’s why it’s so important to find a provider that can meet your needs over the short and long term, and to carefully vet your options before making a choice. Here are 5 things to look for in your next ATG host.
1. Guaranteed Uptimes. When your site goes down, business grinds to a halt and you start hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. That’s why guaranteed uptimes are essential. Look for an ATG host that has the technology in place to prevent interruptions, and works guarantees into your service level agreement.
2. Customer Intelligence. Ultimately, the ATG host you choose is serving your customers as much as they are serving you. The best hosts understand the mentality of online shoppers and tailor their service offerings to maximize customer satisfaction. In this way, your host is a partner in your success.
3. True Support. If you are going to partner with an ATG host over the long term, you want to know that they are there for you as soon as an issue arises, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it resolved. Look for a provider that has a dedicated service department, and that is also able to match you up with a personalized service provider that understands the unique needs of your business.
4. Simple Scalability. Your ATG host shouldn’t be an obstacle to your growth. Choose a company that can quickly and flexibly scale up your service offerings the minute the need arises. They should also be able to make accommodations for sudden spikes in traffic so that unexpected growth doesn’t affect your site performance.
5. Ironclad Security. Ecommerce security is more important than ever, and the responsibility for protecting your site falls largely on your ATG host. Look for one that has a technical infrastructure that is advanced enough and evolving fast enough to keep pace with today’s sophisticated threats.
If you need an ATG host that can meet all these criteria, partner with Tenzing today. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of a long-term partnership.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018