Build Customer Trust with a Secure ATG Host
Few things shake consumer confidence like a data breach at an online retailer. A 2013 survey conducted by McAfee, Inc. revealed some alarming statistics about the link between ecommerce security and consumer behavior.
- Only 43% of consumers believe most websites are safe for shopping.
- 46% of consumers avoid or leave the affected brand after a security breach.
- 45% of consumers have abandoned a purchase over security concerns.
- The cost of a single data breach ranges from $750,000 to $31 million.
- 174 million consumer records were compromised in 2011 alone.
These stats underscore what most online retailers already know – a single data breach could put you out of business. That is why you should look for a secure ATG host first, and consider the other merits of the provider after that. Here are a few security measures that can help you build customer trust:
DoS Mitigation Services
Denial of Service (DoS) attacks can have wide ranging effects, some of which may never even impact the customer. But when an online visitor sees that your site has gone down, they will begin to question its security. DoS Assure is a service that deflects a wide range of DoS attacks around the clock.
Entering credit card information into an online form is the part of online shopping that frightens customers most often. PCI Assure is a turnkey solution that allows merchants to ensure fast PCI compliance while offering a deeper level of protection to customers. PCI Assure is also highly cost-effective when compared to similar services.
Keeping your antivirus protection updated is a crucial but time-consuming step that you have to keep up with regularly. A reliable and secure ATG host will handle these updates and patches for you, so you can be sure your customers have not been left vulnerable because of a simple oversight.
Online retailers need to understand that without a secure ATG host, they can’t guarantee customers the level of security that they expect. Sooner or later, vulnerabilities in your site’s security could have a major impact on your business, whether in the form of lost trust or expensive restitution payouts. Get access to the security you need by contacting Tenzing today.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018