3 Indicators That You Need to Make Oracle Commerce Faster
It’s easy to become complacent about site speed, especially if you are not regularly using and testing your site on a variety of devices and browsers. But if you have begun noticing any of the following red flags, it’s likely a sign that you need to take steps to make Oracle commerce faster.
1. Your Conversion Rates Are Dropping
Site speed has an enormous effect on customer satisfaction. Just consider these statistics:
- 47% of consumers expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% will abandon a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load
- 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with a site’s performance will avoid buying from the site again.
So if your site is not running fast enough, a large number of potential customers will just abandon it, and the ones that do stick around will be much less likely to return. You might still be getting a large amount of traffic to your site, but if those visits aren’t turning into sales, it’s only damaging your reputation.
2. Your Search Rankings Are Falling
Site speed is becoming a new priority in search algorithms. It is still important for a site to be relevant, but if it is not also fast, it will begin to slip in the search rankings. As an ecommerce retailer, you understand how important SEO is, but you might be wasting time and money stuffing your site with content when some of those resources would be better utilized in optimizing its speed. Otherwise, customers may have trouble finding you, much less buying from you.
3. Your Negative Feedback is Mounting
We mentioned some stats earlier about site speed and consumer behavior. Consider one more: 44% of online shoppers will tell their friends about a bad experience online. If you notice negative comments about your store popping up all over the place, it’s proof that consumers are as eager to disparage a business as they are to recommend one—sometimes even more so. Even if the comments do not directly reference site speed, slow load times have a subtle but significant impact on the shopping experience.
If you need to make Oracle commerce faster, contact Tenzing immediately.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018