According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
The Vice President of Commerce is a transformational role in Tenzing providing business and technical leadership in developing Tenzing’s commerce focused product management and practice based approach to service delivery. This role will deliver the business leadership in Tenzing’s most strategic and fastest growing business segments. The leader will build senior relationships with key clients and primary vendors like SAP hybris, Oracle Commerce and the next generation of supported applications. This individual will build out specialized product teams that will deliver innovative managed services, application support and consulting capabilities centered on Tenzing’s core commerce applications. Product leadership will influence and motivate key internal service providers to deliver world class service for leading retailers, merchants and manufacturers that are pursuing IT transformation through modern eCommerce applications and infrastructure consumption.
The VP Commerce, will have a strong combination of product/service vision, sound technical judgment, and an effective commercialization ability to drive significant, profitable revenue growth within their practices. Tenzing’s Commerce line of business will be recognized for their ability to build strong relationships with target clients, developing industry leading domain expertise within their high-performance team and driving that expertise through the organization as a whole. This leader’s team will be forward-thinking visionaries with a deep understanding of the technology transformation occurring in the retail market place and will be sought out by clients, prospects and the industry for their insights.
This individual will be passionate about building high performance teams and initially will take a hands on approach to building the Oracle and hybris practice, to deliver exceptional standards-based services to clients with complex digital commerce and managed infrastructure environments. The leader will develop and oversee the product and services road map and drive critical decisions around technology choices, major investments and key vendor relationships specific to their practices. A significant component of value creation will be driven by the creation of proprietary IP, Dev Ops and cloud utilization through collaboration with the VP Technology and VP Cloud. This individual will work closely with the President, CEO and CRO in articulating the long term vision and mission for the Practice. The role will involve critical buy, build or partner decisions around technology investments with M&A activity expected to accelerate in FY 2017.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Key member of the senior management team responsible for developing and managing the go-to-market plan that will substantially increase revenue, build market share and establish a differentiated brand in the market place
- Drive profitable revenue growth delivering managed services and managed-application-as-a-service to core clients consuming SAP/hybris and Oracle Commerce as a critical part of their supply chain
- Drive Tenzing’s penetration/market share of retailers/merchants/manufacturers/ distributors on the key platforms that Tenzing supports
- >Accelerate the Oracle Commerce platform by reshaping the go-to-market strategy focusing more on the “after market” and the Oracle Commerce Cloud
- Work closely with the Client Success team to increase wallet share with hybris and Oracle Commerce customers by delivering standard managed services across more of their infrastructure needs
- Build meaningful relationships with key clients, prospects and SAP/hybris as well as Oracle to inform the product roadmap and effectively advocate on their behalf
- As a thought leader build effective sales and marketing communication tools to empower the Tenzing team pursuing qualified leads and prospects
- Author or drive white papers, present at industry conferences and represent Tenzing with major vendors on their Product Advisory councils
- Engage directly with key clients and prospects on consulting engagements related to Commerce and IT Transformation, effective Hybris integration and cloud consumption in the supply chain
- >Help to recruit and train high performance professionals while building a strong sense of team identity and client advocacy within the Hybris Practice
- Identify next generation commerce applications for Tenzing to pursue with early opportunities opening up in the information management segment like Heiler, Stibo, Informatica
Key challenges facing the role include:
- Define the opportunity in the market specific to commerce technologies and build the prioritized roadmap of services and products needed to “win”
- Drive up Tenzing’s hybris technical and business IQ
- Build and own sponsorship of the US Oracle and hybris executive relationship
- Building direct to customer sales and marketing capabilities for hybris and Oracle target market
- Defining the role with clarity – help to create the template for future Directors and Product Managers of key commerce technologies
- Build thought leadership material and drive out to target clients with commerce consulting and professional services
- Develop new capabilities and services for our target customers that are exploring Omni-Channel or changing business models to go direct to consumer
Key Skills & Competencies:
- 5-10 years of experience building successful practices in software or technical service delivery
- Previous experience managing a full P&L with revenue and cost management targets
- Previous experience leading enterprise implementations of supply chain solutions in large, complex environments driving practices beyond $12 million in annual revenues.
- Domain experience/expertise in eCommerce, SAP hybris, Oracle Commerce (or other Commerce apps) or enterprise retail segments (Fortune 1,000) would be highly valued.
- Track record identifying and pursuing business development initiatives with clients, partners and vendors.
- Deep understanding of mission critical, high availability systems (preferably in Commerce technologies or supply chain solutions) that enable strong problem solving skills to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/influence cross functional teams in a service delivery model
- Effective public speaker and comfortable in a technology/IT transformation evangelist role
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven, collaborative and passionate about the digital transformation in the retail industry. They will demonstrate business acumen through a technology lens and strive for industry leadership.
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.