VICE PRESIDENT, SALES
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, private equity backed, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy. Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be a critical change agent in the company, challenged to help shape a scalable technology/service organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
The VP of Sales is an extraordinary sales leader in technology and managed services, who will execute on Tenzing’s go to market strategies and deliver the appropriate results and outcomes. Reporting to the President of the company, the successful candidate will be a key strategic advisor to the President and CEO on matters related to the generation of predictable and scalable revenue. This individual will be passionate about building a high performance team to deliver exceptional results with in-segment clients who have complex digital commerce and managed service requirements. The successful candidate will be a forward-thinking visionary with a deep understanding of the technology transformation occurring in the retail market place.
The incumbent will design, create, and manage all the cross functional revenue obtainment processes that leverage the unique strengths of Tenzing to increase Speed to Profitable Revenue and Speed to New Client Acquisition. The individual will provide leadership and management to assure the success of the installation and execution of the go to market strategy across Sales, Channel Management, Business Development, and Solution Engineering. The position will be supported by their team as well as the VP – Client Success, VP – Marketing, CFO and the CIO.
- Lead the Sales and Marketing team to generate new sales with a focus on retail and commerce segments
- Build a scalable new revenue delivery engine, with the right roles and the right, customer and market segments
- Create a vision for the entire team by authoring the Tenzing Sales Play Book that defines the organization’s sales strategy to win in the market.
- Define and own the ever changing customer buying journey.
- Build meaningful relationships with key clients, prospects and partners to help drive sales and inform the product roadmap.
- Build a high performance sales team by recruiting and developing high quality talent delivering training programs and using sales coaching to drive effectiveness.
- Develop and deploy scientific and mathematical frameworks for predictable revenue.
- Participate as an active member of the executive team in the development of an overall corporate strategy and act as a strong liaison between Operations, Technology, and Finance.
- Improve partner loyalty and partner experience
- Collaborate with the President and Executive management teams to drive Tenzing’s growth and proactively introduce new ideas to improve performance across all key metrics, e.g. revenue, margins, growth, etc.
- Align marketing and sales metrics directly with business metrics, resulting in revenue growth for the company.
- Advance the company’s global competitive position as an industry leader in Commerce Managed Services
- Identify, prioritize, and develop new business and develop strategies in emerging commerce markets or with emerging commerce technologies that will fuel future and continuous growth
- Collaborate for delivery of the overall client experience strategy working closely with the VP, Client Success
- Responsibility to establish annual Sales & Marketing plan and annual budget to meet the business objectives of Tenzing and be accountable for revenue and profitability
- Accountability for management of accurate records of client/prospect database with contact history in CRM system
- Build and inspire a strong, effective, and respected sales and marketing organization that is capable of influencing and delivering the company’s agenda.
- Catalyze the sales and marketing team to focus on best-in-class customer engagement strategies.
- Develop and align memorable customer experiences at all touch points, including the metrics that will be used to assess Tenzing’s performance as a customer centric organization
- Submit monthly analysis and sales and marketing reports, monthly reports on budget, pipeline, and revenue to the President
- Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) for the President and Board of Directors by developing market intelligence, operating mechanisms around competitor intelligence, product intelligence, market sizing, market analysis and market research.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for the Sales office and Sales teams
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Highest Priority Skills
Strategic Leadership: proven experience in plotting the best course of action to maximize revenue using the most cost-effective sales model.
- Scientific Selling Experience: Has successfully developed or deployed scientific and mathematical frameworks for predictable revenue.
- Sales Leadership: Demonstrates firm command over teams they lead and have led.
- Hiring, Training and Building Teams: Demonstrated and proven ability to hire quality talent as this person knows that it will determine the success or failure of the sales organization.
- Performance-driven: an operational approach, coupled with a bias for action and results — an energetic, highly motivated executive who relishes challenges and tirelessly pursues objectives
- Relationship Building and ability to create trust
- Target and deadline driven.
- Master of Change – has demonstrated calmly facing chaos, enthusiastically embrace change, and adjusting to tough challenges in previous leadership roles.
- Proven Field Sales Experience. High-performing individual sales contributor who has previously achieved their annual quota over the course of their career
- Negotiating Skills. Evidence of complex negotiations, framework to approach, ability to define successful outcomes and process to achieve them.
- Leading Growth. Experience with rapid growth, investing ahead of the curve to scale revenue
- Highly collaborative, hands-on management style. A person who can work as part of the senior management team as well as operate and develop a top-flight sales and marketing organization.
- Supporting Partner networks and vendors that support Retailers and Commerce
- Hosting Industry and Internet Technologies
- Sales Methodologies
- IT Service Delivery Methods
- Human Resource Management
How to Apply
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications like our story, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please specific which job you are applying for in the subject line.