Vice President, Managed Services
The Vice President, Managed Services is an extraordinary leader in information technology who will drive solid operations and world-class service delivery to our clients. This individual will be passionate about building a high performance team to deliver exceptional standards-based services to clients with complex Commerce and Managed Infrastructure environments. A forward-thinking visionary with a deep understanding of the technology transformation occurring in the market place. They study and think about the trends and how to leverage and benefit from them. This successful candidate will be a master of change, with a desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture with an entrepreneurial mindset – they will look at the org structure, the tools that are used, and the processes that are followed, and make prioritized decisions and recommendations that will require investment.
The VP, Managed Services is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end delivery and operations of all commerce and managed infrastructure services. This includes service deployment, Network Operations Center (NOC), SLA management, capacity management, incident management, IT security operations, and IT service continuity. The incumbent will use his/her extensive operating experience and insights to bring the right perspective and structure to the business operations with a clear focus on maximizing service level results, managing risk and optimizing resources. By leveraging his/ her knowledge of best practices across the industry, the VP will promote and support a culture of excellence, by inspiring people, building a strong team and connecting them to the organization’s strategy.
• Building technical expertise across the client facing operations on key supported hardware, network and applications
• Building leadership throughout the organization and instilling a culture that is empowered to support Tenzing’s customers
• Transform Tenzing to adopt and consume cloud technologies for the benefit of ecommerce service delivery offerings that continue to differentiate Tenzing in the marketplace
• Prioritize investments in data centre, core network and tools to allow Tenzing to acquire new customers and support existing customers.
• Identifying the right tools and areas for greater automation to increase operational employee productivity, scalability and ultimately drive client satisfaction
• Building effective communication and culture across a geographically dispersed work force that includes operating centres in Kelowna, Toronto and India
• Developing an agile operations team that can quickly adapt to the rapidly changing technical landscape that they will be supporting
• Participate as an active member of the Senior Management team in the development of an overall corporate strategy.
• Drive overall client delivery strategy beyond the day-to-day oversight working closely with the VP, Client Success and the Chief Revenue Officer
• Prepare and implement strategic and operational plans and actions to ensure that facilities and systems, procedures, staffing, support services and capacity are available when needed and at required levels.
• Assist in developing the company’s annual technology and service delivery plan and manage areas of responsibility within operating and capital budgets.
• Ownership of all operational processes, maintaining them, improving them and training people on them with an aim towards achieving ultimate efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintain, support and develop a group of team leaders and managers capable of interacting with clients and staff in a highly credible and professional manner and who instill confidence and credibility
• Foster a culture of Learning and Continuous improvement within operations and sponsor programs to build capability and potential
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Experienced in running technology operations and teams that are geographically dispersed
• Must be an agent of change and be decisive in their role to streamline high quality service delivery for Tenzing
• Track record of delivering 100% uptime and meeting demanding SLAs
• Exceptional leadership and team building skills with a track record of recruiting top talent, developing top talent and managing top talent to work cooperatively and effectively together
• Expert in IT Service Management
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment by being able to prioritize and help the team to effectively manage a large number of important activities and initiatives
• Deep understanding of mission critical, high availability systems (preferably in Commerce technologies) that enable strong problem solving skills to resolve complex issues
• 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology Operations
• 7+ years in a senior management role (evidence leading high performance managers)
Are you ready to find out more?
If this sounds like you and the direction you want to take your career, go ahead and apply firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018