Technical Account Manager
Location: Toronto / Kelowna
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join our Strategic Account Management team.
Are you able to work with clients to oversee technical challenges and bring them to resolution?
Do you understand what it takes to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and enjoy being an advocate for clients’ interests?
Do you have a background in Oracle Commerce or Magento e-Commerce platforms?
Can you identify trends in business and infrastructure needs and apply that data to advise clients in being more efficient and effective?
As a client advocate, the Technical Account Manager is a trusted advisor to clients providing valuable guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure. This role is a largely client-facing role which requires you to work on both strategic short and long term plans and projects. You will need to build strong relationships with clients at various levels as well as acquire insights into their businesses. You will need to interact with multiple departments on a regular basis, and present information to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Represent client needs as an internal advocate across the organization with the skills and knowledge to quickly address specific support and solution requirements
- Work as part of a cross-functional team who owns customer satisfaction throughout their lifecycle with Tenzing
- Respond to mission critical escalations, monitor complex and critical issues and work closely with the Service Desk and Management to ensure incidents are brought to resolution
- Act as a liaison between the client and other Tenzing teams, including Sales, Engineering, Technical Services and the product teams as required over the life cycle of the client’s contract into renewal
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of Tenzing solutions, and inform clients of new products and programs
- Maintain CSOPS, Account Plans, Salesforce and other relevant client specific information
- Work with sales teams on contract renewals for existing clients
- Work with clients to address contract, billing, and overage charge queries
- Attend pre-sale meetings and presentations as required during the sales cycle
- Participate in delivery of the Net Promoter Score (NPS) feedback program and overseeing follow-up
- Act as Project Manager for client release management and infrastructure re-configurations
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science/Systems/Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar technical role
- Technical knowledge of hosting environments and infrastructure (Servers, SAN, Networks, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms or Linux Server Platforms
- Technical knowledge of Oracle, SQL and other Database Technologies
- Technical knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VM Ware, HyperV)
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Strong project management skills
- Relationship building and conflict negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and with remote stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, identify problems, generate solutions and implement them in real-time
- Ability to travel domestically and outside of Canada
- Ability to be on call outside of business hours
- ITIL Certification
- Experience in Oracle ATG Web Commerce or Magento eCommerce
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- MSCE or REDHAT Certified Engineer is an asset
- Knowledge of PCI, ISO 27001 and SSAE-16
- Experience in AGILE Methodology
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Standard employee health and dental plan
- Three (3) week’s vacation during first year
- Paid day off on birthday
- Three (3) personal days off per year
- Two (2) paid volunteer days off per year in support of a registered entity
- 50% off gym membership paid up to $40/month
- Mobile phone (as required)
If you meet our qualifications and are a motivated, performance-driven individual, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please specify which job location you are applying for in the subject line. Only resumes from those who are currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be reviewed and considered.
All job offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check, reference check and personality profile.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services!