According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Systems Developer to join our team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be part of a cross-functional, agile engineering team consisting of software developers and systems engineers. You will work combining your skills with others on the Engineering team to deliver enhancements to our customer portal and various integrated infrastructure components. This portal provides self-serve functions and other great capabilities to Tenzing internal teams and commerce customers.
This is a permanent full time position, located in our Toronto office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Work as a member of an agile engineering team to develop capabilities for Tenzing internal teams & customers
- Bring your expertise on hosting and infrastructure to help the team collectively deliver projects
- Complete system development tasks including design, integration, documentation and testing
- Support a path towards CI and automated testing
- Work with other team members to improve processes and advance the engineering competency at Tenzing
- Bring an in-depth expertise of working with, troubleshooting and supporting varied systems and integrations
- Provide warranty and support to internal Tenzing teams
- Super comfortable with developing integrations, learning and being versatile with many systems
- MS .NET developer and experience developing in Agile teams
- Experience developing and deploying through to production with CI/CD
- Experience creating, maintaining automated testing
- Excited about both developing new IP and creating ROI for the organization through intuitive solutions
- Able to effectively communicate for cross-training and collaboration with teams
- Experienced working within ITIL guidelines and high security practices
- Experienced with reporting solutions
- 3+ years of .NET software development experience, preferably C#
- 3+ years working with tools to support CI/CD, build automation and automated testing
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile team environment
- 3+ years of experience with databases & reporting tools
- MS Azure experience
- Nice to have: Virtualization & Networking technologies, MS Azure
- Nice to have: eCommerce application experience
- Nice to have: Java, PHP development
- Nice to have: Cherwell
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018