System Architect, Magento Hosting
Tenzing is a leading provider of IT Managed Services for the Commerce industry, with an award winning approach to managing complex hosting environments and a unique understanding of the business challenges faced by merchants today.
We are currently seeking a System Architect to be part of our Magento Hosting Team. In this role, you will have responsibility for steering the systems architecture of our Magento hosting services and working with other members of the team to implement those services for our customers.
- Architectural oversight for all services delivered in Tenzing’s Magento Hosting line of business.
- Lead development and maintenance of hosting reference architectures for the team.
- Develop and maintain the strategy for configuration management and deployment automation.
- Work with other systems architects at Tenzing to further our systems architecture competency.
- Be a key in developing and guiding Tenzing’s cloud strategy with particular focus on AWS
- Represent Tenzing in the Magento and AWS online community – forum activity, meetups, article publishing
- Act as a subject matter expert and thought leader for Magento Hosting and AWS at Tenzing.
- Support Tenzing’s pre-sales and customer engagement efforts.
- 3rd level support for customer incidents.
- 7+ years systems architecture, engineering or administration experience – focus on Linux and Web Hosting
- Strong understanding and experience with hosting LAMP web applications
- 5+ years experience with MySQL – queries, setup, replication, performance troubleshooting
- 5+ years and great skills with shell scripting, python or PHP.
- 4+ years building solutions on AWS – EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, Auto-Scaling, Multi-AZ
- 3+ years in a professional mentoring / coaching role with more junior team members
- Advanced education in computer science or related fields and/or related work experience.
- Experience with DevOps methods and tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible.) – Config MGMT, CI, etc.
- Experience architecting & building PCI compliant systems
- Proven ability to work independently and lead projects
Nice to Haves
- Experience working on teams working with agile methods and culture
- Software development experience
- Experience and/or certification in ITIL
- AWS certifications
- Competitive salary + annual performance based performance
- Employee health and dental plan
- Three (3) week’s vacation during first year
- Paid day off on birthday + three (3) personal days off per year + two (2) paid volunteer days
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications like our story, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please specific which job you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.