Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be part of a cross-functional, agile engineering team consisting of software developers and systems engineers. You will work with Linux, AWS and other infrastructure platforms and combine your skills with others on the Engineering team to deliver great capabilities to Tenzing internal teams and commerce customers.
This position is located in our Toronto office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers, by combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support. Tenzing has customers worldwide and helps their customers to alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
- Work as a member of an agile engineering team to develop capabilities for Tenzing internal teams & customers
- Bring forth your expertise on hosting and infrastructure to help the team collectively deliver projects
- Complete system development tasks including design, integration, documentation and testing
- Oversee transition of engineering deliverables into production
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for automated configuration management & maintenance
- Provide warranty and support to internal Tenzing teams for work done
- Work with other team members to improve processes and advance the engineering competency at Tenzing
- Super comfortable with Linux systems
- An expert in website hosting and/or supporting software development teams
- A team player, one that recognizes the power of agile, team based delivery
- Excited by the phrase ‘infrastructure as code’
- Very well versed in infrastructure & application monitoring tools (nagios, new relic, etc.)
- Able to effectively decompose problems into workable chunks to work on
- Experienced at working on large projects with deadlines
- 7+ years of professional experience with Linux
- 5+ years of IT experience in systems administration or engineering
- 5+ years of experience with production LAMP and/or Java web stacks – setup, performance and security
- 5+ years of experience with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Postgresql
- 5+ years writing code with one of bash, python, perl or ruby
- 5+ years working with tools to support version control, build automation and automated testing (e.g. SVN, Git, Jenkins, Selenium)
- 5+ years working with data-center infrastructure technologies like VMware, OpenStack, BIG-IP, Routers, Firewalls
- 3+ years of experience building solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years of experience working alongside software developers in an agile team environment
- Experience using Docker is great!
Are you ready to find out more?
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.