Sr. Application Support Engineer, Java
Tenzing is a leading provider of IT Managed Services for the Commerce industry, with an award winning approach to managing complex hosting environments and a unique understanding of the business challenges faced by merchants today.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Java Application Specialist to be part of our E-Commerce Hosting Team. In this role you will be part of the team deploying and supporting E-Commerce applications for our customers with specific responsibility for the application layer components. You’ll be working with some big name retailers who will depend on your expertise to keep their stores running optimally.
- Act as a subject matter expert and thought leader for Java Application Management.
- Application & middleware deployments for Hybris and Oracle ATG related applications
- Administration of Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Solr, Endeca and other applications
- Troubleshooting application issues & incidents, performance and otherwise
- JVM tuning, troubleshooting GC issues
- Web application performance testing
- Co-ordinate with other Tenzingers to offer a great experience to our customers
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer deployments
- Identify opportunities for growth and advancement of the service offerings
- Participate in customer solution and incident reviews
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Mentor and assist other Tenzingers in your areas of expertise
- 7+ years systems architecture, engineering or administration experience – focus on Linux and Web Hosting
- Strong understanding and experience with hosting Java web applications – Jboss, Tomcat, Weblogic, etc.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle Database
- Strong familiarity with MySQL database administration concepts, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- 5+ years and great skills with shell scripting
- 3+ years building solutions on AWS
- 3+ years in a professional mentoring / coaching role with more junior team members
- Advanced education in computer science or related fields and/or related work experience.
- Experience with DevOps methods and tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible.) – Config MGMT, CI, etc.
- Experience architecting & building PCI compliant systems
- Proven ability to work independently and lead projects
- Experience with deployment automation: Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as New Relic, App Dynamics or Dynatrace
- Ability to diagnose and fix issues in complex web environments involving hardware, software and networking
- Existing experience with Hybris, Oracle Commerce, Solr and Endeca is desirable
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibilities
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest Tenzing Managed IT Services. This is a permanent full-time position and can be located in Toronto or Kelowna. If you meet our qualifications like our story, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please specify which job you are applying for in the subject line.Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018