Service Desk Analyst
We are seeking a Service Desk Analyst for our Global Service Desk Team. As part of the Service Delivery Team, the successful candidate will apply intermediate analytical and problem solving skills to help deliver responsive resolutions, communications and support services to customers and service teams using ITIL best practices.
This position can be located in either our Toronto, Ontario or Kelowna, British Columbia office and comes with an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: two (2) weeks paid vacation after completion of first three months of employment, a paid day off on your birthday, personal and volunteer time, and 50% off a gym membership up to $40/month.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Utilize superior technical troubleshooting skills to provide hands on support.
- Troubleshoot incidents to restore services, while aiming at First Call Resolution
- Respond to monitoring system events, troubleshoot and resolve incidents without escalations.
- Identify system improvements which may include upgrading, installing and configuring systems
- Respond to online and phone Service Desk requests from clients while achieving high Customer Satisfaction
- Provide answers and support to clients by identifying problems, and guiding clients through corrective steps
- Contribute to Knowledge Base and systems documentation, ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Exceed customer expectations.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Minimum of two years systems administration experience
- Minimum of two years experience running services on Linux and AWS
- Two years plus of Development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java.
The skills you will need…
- Minimum 2 years Linux/Windows support experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience supporting Linux RedHat Server environment
- Experience supporting Magento or ATG (Oracle Commerce) e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, MySQL and webhosting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
- Proven relevant technical ability with a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills
- Associate Degree in IT Services or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Certification in Linux, AWS, Magento, Microsoft, Network or VMware highly desirable
- Applicants must be willing to work shift work, weekends or afternoons
- Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributed computing concepts
- Messaging and Queueing experience
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience troubleshooting file-system, block and object storage
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
How to Apply:
If you meet our qualifications and are a highly organized, motivated, and resolution-minded individual, we want to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which location you are applying for.
Only resumes from those who are currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be reviewed and considered.
All job offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check, reference check and personality profile.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018