Service Desk Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Service Desk Manager to manage the performance of services to clients and ensure that service levels are achieved in line with contracts, SLAs and SLOs. Reporting to the VP, Service Delivery the SDM will ensure that customer expectations are exceeded.
This is a role that requires the selected candidate to have strong leadership and technical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor resources in the areas of troubleshooting and request fulfillment. Other responsibilities will include ensuring that the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standard and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
This position is located in our downtown Toronto office and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes: an annual performance based bonus, three (3) weeks’ vacation in the first year, personal and volunteer time, a mobile phone and 50% of a gym membership paid up to $40/month. Tenzing is an energetic company that embraces change, innovates for market demand, fosters collaboration and always looks first to promote and develop people from within.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
The Service Desk Manager will be a key leader in the organization and will be critical to the delivery of the Tenzing brand of service to our clientele. As a mid-level manager, the Service Desk Manager will also play a key role working with his/her peers and with the Senior Management team to develop tactics and strategy for the business.
What you will be responsible for…
- Accountable for Client Uptime and Availability
- Central Ownership of Issues and Service Requests
- Ultimate responsibility for ownership of all customer incidents or service requests logged
- Responsible for tracking progress of incidents to conclusion and in line with SLAs and quality standards
- Respond to and remediate customer complaints related to service delivery
- Follow up on survey responses and work to improve overall service for all customers
- Customer Incident and Escalation Management
- Management of critical customer incidents, associated customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations
- Provide incident analysis information and KPIs
- Act as incident manager on-call, responding to after-hours escalations
- Manage Major Incidents including assembling personnel, coordinating communication to customers and internal personnel, post incident reports, and post mortems
- Customer Relationship Management and Service Reviews
- Build services relationship with clients and conduct/attend service reviews for key clients
- Review performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes
- Provide management and performance reports to an agreed schedule
- Manage Third Party Suppliers
- Manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that their performance and provision of services and quality is in line with our expectations and enables us to meet or exceed service levels
- Incident and Event Volumes
- Measure, monitor and work to drive down incident/event volumes
- Conduct Trend analysis
- Push incidents/events into Problem Analysis
- Processes and Working Practices
- Responsible for making sure that working practices and processes exist, are robust, where ever possible are standardized and repeatable and support the Service Desk team’s day to day activities
- Produce business cases to support team activities where appropriate
- Identify and implement improvements to the Service Desk Support System to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers
- Service Desk Knowledge Management
- Ensure that the Service Desk is fully using appropriate knowledge management tools and practices in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers
- Audit knowledge materials for inaccuracies and inefficiencies
- Develop documentation to support new processes or existing procedures
- New Services
- Migrate new services into the Service Desk support structure
- Work with Engineering and Sales team to develop processes, approve support material and prepare Service Desk personnel to support new technology
- Sales Support
- Assist in the Sales process, engaging with prospective and current customers to answer questions
- Present overview of support team, and processes to prospective customers
- Develop presentation materials to support Sales activities
- Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of your manager and through appropriate use of your team, wherever possible, contribute to the success of the business, and assist in improving the overall customer experience within your team.
- Under the direction of your manager, be responsible for meeting individual and team goals/objectives and KPI’s specific to your direct area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensure Service Desk is appropriately staffed in accordance with support ticket and phone volumes and in accordance with the departmental budget
- Manage all vacation and absence requests ensuring appropriate staffing of the Service Desk
- Undertaking regular reviews of your staff and undertaking appraisals in accordance with the Company’s Performance Management Policy, developing personal development plans and following capability processes where appropriate
- Supported by your manager, conduct any sickness review meetings and set improvement targets as appropriate, in accordance with the Company’s Handbook.
- Direct, control, motivate, mentor and develop your staff. Under the direction of your manager, be responsible for monitoring financial management within your team and with the support of the Finance Department, ensure purchase orders are placed promptly
The skills you need…
- Diploma/University Degree in Business Administration or Information Technology Systems
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT (Software Development, Infrastructure Operations, Hosting, or IT Service Desk)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management or team leader role
- Technical experience:
- Linux and or Windows System Administration
- Moderate understanding of Firewall, Networking, Storage technology
- ITIL Practitioner Certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, documentation, and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, SAS-70 Type II
- High level understanding of the Hosting Industry
- Any experience with Ecommerce would be beneficial
If you meet our qualifications and have a passion for Operational Excellence and are a customer advocate and people leader, we want to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Tenzing is an equal opportunity employer. However, only those currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be considered.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018