Senior Product Manager
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy. Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be challenged to help shape a scalable infrastructure organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
Are you a market-driven, passionate evangelist of your product lines who loves the challenge of identifying, building and launching innovative solutions to customer problems? Are you excited at the prospect of building a SaaS-based ecommerce integration platform from the ground up? Do you have a knack for creating a culture of teamwork and shared accountability that delivers results? And are you looking for the opportunity to make a substantial impact with a growing technology service provider with plans to expand its reach and grow its markets?
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to be responsible for managing the maintenance and growth of products and services into Tenzing’s Cloud Service catalog. Reporting to the Vice President, Cloud Services, this role will be accountable for the marketing research of new services, the maintenance of existing services, the successful launch and marketing of new and existing services and for achieving revenue goals associated with the services.
Tenzing is a leader in the ecommerce managed hosting industry, and we’re looking for a talented Product Manager to join our organization. If you’ve been looking for an opportunity with a company that has a rock-solid foundation and an entrepreneurial culture, where teamwork and collaboration are part of the DNA, then this might be the role for you.
Roles & Responsibilites:
- Engaging with customers to anticipate product requirements to drive Tenzing’s product roadmap
- Serving as the product evangelist for products you manage, promoting their value and competitive positioning both internally to stakeholders and externally to the market
- Managing the entire product life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Conducting business case analysis on new products to determine profitability, portfolio positioning, marketing & sales strategy, placement forecasting and success metrics
- Participating in the planning and development of Tenzing’s services and road map, new product development and pricing strategies to achieve revenue, volume and market share targets
- Proactively working with vendors and partners to develop and execute revenue growth and market share programs that can leverage co-op funding (MDF)
- Conducting competitive analysis and providing input for strategic planning of product direction and features
- Develop sales enablement collateral and training programs for the products and services within your portfolio
Key Skills & Competencies:
- University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years’ experience as a Senior Product Manager/Leader in the B2B technology services industry
- 7+ years’ experience with B2B technical product development and product marketing
- 7+ years’ experience in marketing, sales or customer service
- Working experience in Ecommerce and with Ecommerce technologies
- Knowledge of principles and methods for creating and developing downstream marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven experience launching products and changing product cycles for a technical services company
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer