Senior Network Administrator
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Network Administrator. The Senior Network Administrator is an integral senior member of Tenzing’s networking team ultimately responsible for the support, documentation, and maintenance of WAN, LAN, Load Balancing and VPN systems across multiple data centers and offices using Juniper, Cisco, F5, A10 and Linux technologies.
This position is located in either our Toronto, Ontario or Kelowna, British Columbia office and comes with an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise around Juniper (JunOS/ScreenOS), Cisco, F5, A10 and Linux network service technologies
- Configure, implement and troubleshoot a variety of Ethernet-based network services including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and VPN devices in a hosting environment
- Proactively manage the service and security requirements of all network systems
- Responsible for implementing and planning changes on core network equipment
- Assist in deployment, incident and problem management related to internal and client environments as required
- Third Level Help Desk ticket resolution, including supporting the business 24x7x365 and on-call support as needed
- Perform advanced monitoring and reporting related to network systems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for network services, procedures and policies
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference
- Coaching other teams with knowledge transfer
- Work within ITIL framework to deliver services
- Be aware of and abide by all company policies and procedures (e.g. Employee Handbook)
- Be aware of the company’s policy on information security and take actions from time to time as required under the terms of the company’s Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience with Enterprise routing and switching in a customer oriented environment
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols and services such as BGP, STP, OSPF/ISIS, VRRP, IPSec and NAT in a multi vendor environment
- Experience with SDN, VMWare, AWS and/or Azure is a bonus
- An expert knowledge of network routing fundamentals and troubleshooting techniques is essential
- A thorough understanding of ITIL and change management processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies
- An ability to communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a high paced work environment
- A demonstrated ability to work proactively within a team environment, utilizing excellent problem management and change management skills
- An ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- A willingness to learn new technologies and maintain good industry knowledge
- CCIE/JNCIE, CCN/CCDP, and/or ITIL Practitioner certifications
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.