According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however, coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy. Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be challenged to help shape a scalable infrastructure organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to be responsible for payroll processing, lease accounting and various month-end and quarter-end accounting processes.
- Process bi-monthly payroll payments for Tenzing’s employee base in Canada and U.S.
- Calculate and process one time adjustments such as: employee expense reimbursement, retroactive changes, bonus, commissions, raises, GWL premiums, gym memberships, etc
- Withhold and remit garnishments
- Reconcile payroll to previous payrolls and provide explanations
- Enter and reconcile Overtime and On-call being paid out
- Set up payments in RBC Express for Canadian Payroll and process payments through Telpay
- Set up wire payment for US Payroll and process US payroll through ADP
- Employee terminations – removal from payroll; calculate final pay; process record of employment
- Payroll taxes – withhold, check calculation, file and remit payroll taxes including:
- Income tax, CPP, EI
- Ontario Employer Health Tax
- WorkSafe BC
- Register for State Income Tax and Unemployment Insurance accounts for new US employees
Medical Services Plan for BC Employees (add, remove, reconcile each month) and pay invoice
- Provide letters of employment
- Ensure new employees are appropriately added to benefit plans, and employees leaving the company are appropriately removed from the plan
- Review and approve monthly benefits invoices from providers. Address any monthly variances
- Complete annual review of benefit plan and recommend any changes/enhancements
- Answer payroll and benefits-related questions from staff
- Bonus payouts – ensure annual bonuses are paid out appropriately and accurately
- Year end payroll:
- Review all remittance YTD and ensure final payroll balances
- Process annual T4s
- Provide backup for audited financial statements
- Email 401(k) Participant Fee Disclosure Statement to all US employees
- Work with ADP to complete and file the Retirement Plan Summary Annual Report (SAR)
- After confirmation of filing is received email a copy of the SAR to all US employees
- Interact with capital lease financial partners to ensure leases are administered appropriately
- Ensure all relevant invoices are added to capital lease on a timely basis
- Ensure payments to capital lease financial partners are accurate and processed and recorded on a timely basis
Monthly Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Update and reconcile prepaids and deposits and post all corresponding journal entries
- Complete reconciliations and post corresponding journal entries for various accounts
- Record depreciation and amortization journal entries
- Answer questions & provide support to managers
- Provide financial reports to managers
- Support for year-end audit process as required
- This position acts as back-up to our Director-Finance
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
This position requires someone with the following skills and background :
- At least 5 years of payroll processing experience, with companies of at least 100 employees
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in various accounting functions
- Completion of, or ongoing registration in a CPA program
This position requires someone with the following competencies:
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Understanding of payroll processes and methodologies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) – this position interacts with a wide variety of employees and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player – someone comfortable pitching in on a variety of tasks
- Curiosity – this person should not be content with running things status quo – this position requires someone who is comfortable in recommending improvements to any and all processes
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to <a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org</a> for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.