At Tenzing, we provide infrastructure, application and security management to customers doing business online. We have customers worldwide and use great technology to deliver performance, stability and security to those customers. We have 90+ team members, with offices in Toronto, Kelowna and Pune.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Security Architect at Tenzing. This role is a critical building role for Tenzing’s commerce security practice. You will play a strong role in developing services and building the team that will support those services to drive PCI compliance for our customers.
You will be a member of our technology group and report to the VP of Technology. You will responsible for service design for all of our Managed Security Services as well as the technology used to deliver them. You will work closely with our Managed Services team and the commerce lines of business to ensure these services are launched, optimized and effective for our customers. You will be a subject matter expert at Tenzing for security services and compliance that are important to retailers, as well as the underlying technologies that support them.
- own architecture and roadmap for managed security services
- work with our ecommerce lines of business, managed services team, engineering and our security partners to design and launch new services
- co-ordinate with Tenzing’s audit partners and internal teams to meet our yearly compliance objectives (PCI, ISO27001, SOC1/2)
- connect with Tenzing’s customers and partners regularly to understand their security needs
- advise senior management on all matters related to security services and compliance
- work with senior management to build the out the security practice at Tenzing
- be a subject matter expert on information security for Tenzing and its customers
- evangelize and advocate on security topics that are important for commerce
- provide mentoring & leadership to junior team members
- an expert in web & infrastructure security
- an expert in PCI compliance
- a problem solver and use a logical approach to solving problems
- a lifelong learner continuously looking to improve yourself
- a strategic thinker who is able to link business and technical objectives
- able to communicate ideas and proposals to both management & technical staff
- experienced at working with partners to deliver security services to customers
- 7+ years of web hosting security experience
- 7+ years of experience with PCI compliance
- 5+ years of practical experience in security operations
- CISSP certification
- 3+ years of experience working with public cloud IaaS services – AWS, Azure or GCP
- advanced education in comp sci or related fields and/or related work experience
- expertise in scripting in languages like Python, Perl or Bash
Are you ready to find out more?
If this sounds like you and the direction you want to take your career, go ahead and apply firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.