Regional Sales Director, Commerce and Information Management
According to eMarketer, Worldwide Retail Ecommerce Sales will reach $1.915 Trillion this year. Double-digit growth will continue through to 2020, when sales will top $4 trillion. Further, in 2016 retail e-commerce sales hit 8.7% of all retail sales, and in 2017 it is expected to exceed 10%. These statistics lead us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Founded in 1998, Tenzing is a managed services company that specializes in the deployment, management, and evolution of sophisticated e-commerce environments for its growing client base. In early 2014, Tenzing’s focus shifted to servicing North American based midsized merchants (retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors). Tenzing’s primary customers are merchants investing in the digital transformation of their supply chains and related IT infrastructure. Tenzing has developed expertise in enterprise customer-facing order capture ecommerce platforms, like Oracle Commerce, SAP Hybris and Magento. Through increased investment in Client Success Management, Tenzing has demonstrated an ability to expand the range of client infrastructure they manage for clients. Tenzing has also developed expertise in guiding retail merchants through their busiest times of the year, as well as managing e-commerce environments on cloud platforms like AWS.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. Tenzing supports some of the best-known brands in North America across a variety of industries covering both B2C and B2B driven merchants. Tenzing has been winning extensively with merchants that are on strategy and who value the services that Tenzing delivers as a trusted and essential partner of choice.
Tenzing is firmly at the intersection of two major growth markets – e-commerce/omnichannel and public cloud and is making investments that will steer the next level of growth.
The Regional Sales Director is an extraordinary ambassador and evangelist for commerce and Information Management and understands the key business and technology challenges faced by enterprise and mid-market merchants that are undergoing a digital transformation and investing in Commerce and Master Data Management solutions. They will play an integral part in our growth by taking Tenzing’s unique value proposition to market and winning new customers who are in need of highly desired ecommerce managed services. The successful candidate will develop and drive new business through direct channels and in-direct channels partnering with leading Ecommerce ISVs and Systems Integrators in North America.
Our ideal candidate will have a track record of success and experience in new business development across both direct and channel-based selling models. In addition, the candidate should have experience in the ecommerce industry with selling either managed services, professional consulting, ecommerce licensed software and or project-based implementation work.
This position is location independent and candidates from across North America will be considered. The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Director will be involved in acquiring, nurturing, developing and closing sales opportunities. The core goal will be to build pipeline and drive new Client (New Logo) acquisitions via partners and direct to market tactics. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for prospecting directly and creating pipeline and working with the Director, Partners, and Alliances to find compatible ways to market and sell together with ISV’s and Strategic Systems Integrators.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success and experience in new business development. In addition, the candidate should have suitable domain expertise within the broad ecommerce solution stack comprising the ecommerce software platform, professional services, and delivery of managed services.
The incumbent will:
· Deep knowledge of the Commerce and Information Management industry is important and will be sought after by our clients and prospects for their insights
· Will develop strong relationships with partners and prospects to understand the opportunities and challenges that they face and that can be solved by deployment of Tenzing’s robust ecommerce managed service offerings
· Develop partner plans and prospecting plans to drive pipeline and MRR growth
· Prospect and develop direct client relationships, converting leads into opportunities and into closed new logos and revenue
· Maintain a consistent and predictable sales pipeline
· Managing opportunities through the sales cycle to close using the Tenzing Sales Playbook
· Work strategically and tactically with partners across the entire ecommerce ecosystem, managing demand generation activities, joint pipelines, qualification and opportunities to close
· Build and execute annual and quarterly named account and territory plans including marketing activities
· Build and manage relationships with key contacts at various ISVs
· Target, develop, nurture and new key channels and partnerships within the ecommerce ecosystem
· Systematically manage key partners and conduct Quarterly Business Reviews
· Attend and represent Tenzing at Industry events, such as IRCE, Shop.org, etc.
· Develop insights into the nuances of attracting clients in the area of e-Commerce
· Share insights and best practices with other members of Tenzing and encourage the culture of learning throughout the organization
· Log and record all client information, interactions, insights, projects and opportunities accurately and timely with the CRM
· Build, execute and maintain business plans with each assigned partner, including conducting Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
· Support local marketing and business development activities with key partners in North America in support of pipeline development objectives
· Maintain personal relationships with key sales, business development and executive stakeholders within the partner channel, and as appropriate, facilitate introductions to peers within Tenzing – from sales, operations, marketing and through to executives
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Highest Priority Skills
· Scientific Selling Experience: Has successfully used sales processes and methodologies to obtain predictable revenue
· Performance-driven: Has a bias for action and results — an energetic, highly motivated person who relishes challenges and tirelessly pursues objectives. Proven track record in previous positions
· Curiosity: ability to understand through effective questioning and listening
· Adaptability: Can learn complex and new concepts quickly
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the ecommerce technology and service provider ecosystem
· Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in a client acquisition (hunting) role as a business development manager that required consultative selling, including a demonstrated track record of quota achievement
· Negotiating skills and ability to define and process to successful outcomes
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management, follow-up and organizational skills
· Is comfortable in a technology environment with a natural curiosity and desire to stay informed regarding market trends
· Experience with salesforce.com
· Experience guiding customers through a sales process, from pre-sale to post-sale
· Ability to multitask and properly prioritize initiatives
· Must maintain a positive, enthusiastic, self-starter attitude with an innate desire to meet and exceed expectations
· Ability to travel domestically and to Canada
· Supporting Partner networks and vendors that support Retailers and Commerce
· Hosting Industry and Internet Technologies
· Sales Methodologies
· IT Service Delivery Methods
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018