Operations Team Lead
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy. Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be challenged to help shape a scalable infrastructure organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
The Operations Team Lead provides daily leadership within the Tenzing Network Operations Center to coordinate the successful and timely delivery of technical services to Tenzing’s clients.
The ideal candidate is a leader in the IT Operations group who will oversee Service delivery (ticket management) and ensure that the NOC level 1/2 team is functioning in a highly efficient manner and providing the highest level of customer service. This position will be responsible for overall ticket management and communication to our clients as required.
The Operations Team Lead reports directly to the Manager of Global Operations and is also responsible for attaining maximum utilization of technical staff, through oversight of the daily dispatching of service requests to the team.
The successful candidate will have a wide variety of technical knowledge – prior experience with Linux, Windows, switches, firewalls, load balancers is a must in addition to a strong knowledge of ITIL best practices! The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a busy NOC managing L1 / L2 technical teams that supports high volume web/Internet traffic, raising the bar on a continual basis and be used to operating within a metrics driven environment.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems for the Tier 1/2 support teams
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues as required
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Support a best in class phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization
- Support the root cause determination process, while ensuring that appropriate communications are being provided to internal and external customers
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists & operations support staff (Level 1 / 2) including providing feedback towards their career development
- Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff
- Schedule employees working times and provide backup support
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Operations Management (ad-hoc, weekly, monthly) as required
- Drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement, working to make NOC the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT
- Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed)
- Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff
- Ensure that Service and Business Level Agreements are meeting expectations and measure performance
- Support the Development of an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information
- Act as a Major Incident lead as required
- Maintain and continually improve upon quality of our L1/L2 NOC team
- Lead & inspire people. Continue to build, develop and mentor a world class, services oriented NOC.
- Work to continuously train NOC staff to offload requests from Tier 3 to prevent escalations
- Build a team that acts as one large service fulfillment team
- Build a culture of Learning and Continuous improvement within the L1/L2 operations teams
- Provide performance reports to executives, managers, and individuals using qualitative and quantitative inputs, outputs, outcomes, and end-to-end process measures
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology Operations
- Exceptional IT Service Delivery or NOC experience managing complex processes and alerts/events from 2000+ devices
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux and Windows, Networking including switching, firewalls and load balancers
- Prior experience dealing with public cloud infrastructure
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing situations
- Experience leading teams that are geographically dispersed
- ITIL/ITSM with an ITIL practitioner certificate
General Skills & Competencies:
- Track record of strong judgment, linking decisions to metrics and data
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills
- Team player who can build trust and operate in a collaborative and transparent manner
- Customer driven and Customer Oriented
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018