Junior Network Administrator
We are currently seeking an experienced Junior Network Administrator for a 12 month contract. The Junior Network Administrator is an integral member of Tenzing’s networking team ultimately responsible for the support, documentation and maintenance of WAN, LAN, Load Balancing, VPN and telephony systems across multiple data centers and offices using Juniper, Cisco, F5 and Linux technologies.
This position is located in either our Toronto, Ontario or Kelowna, British Columbia office and comes with an attractive compensation package.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
- Provide technical expertise around Juniper (JunOS/ScreenOS), Cisco, F5 and Linux network service technologies
- Configure, implement and troubleshoot a variety of Ethernet-based network services including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and VPN devices
- Proactively manage the service and security requirements of all network systems
- Responsible for implementing and planning changes on core network equipment
- Assist in deployment, incident and problem management related to internal and client environments as required
- Third Level Help Desk ticket resolution, including supporting the business 24x7x365 and on-call support as needed
- Perform advanced monitoring and reporting related to network systems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for network services, procedures and policies
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference
- Work within ITIL framework to deliver services
- Be aware of and abide by all company policies and procedures (e.g. Employee Handbook)
- Be aware of the company’s policy on information security and take actions from time to time as required under the terms of the company’s Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience with Enterprise routing and switching in a customer oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and services such as BGP, STP, OSPF/ISIS, VRRP, IPSec and NAT in a multi vendor environment
- Experience with SDN, VMWare and/or AWS is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of network routing fundamentals and troubleshooting techniques is essential
- A thorough understanding of ITIL and change management processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies
- An ability to communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a high paced work environment
- A demonstrated ability to work proactively within a team environment, utilizing excellent problem management and change management skills
- An ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- A willingness to learn new technologies and maintain good industry knowledge
- CCIE/JNCIE, CCN/CCDP, and/or ITIL Practitioner certifications
If you are a performance-driven individual and meet our qualifications, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Only those who are currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be considered as sponsorships will not be provided.
Thank you for your interest in TENZING !
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018