Intermediate Linux System Administrator
We are seeking an experienced Intermediate Linux Administrator for our Global Service Desk Team. As part of the Service Delivery Team, the successful candidate will apply intermediate analytical and problem solving skills to help deliver responsive resolutions, communications and support services to customers and service teams using ITIL best practices.
Our successful candidate must be proficient with Linux server troubleshooting and possess excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
This position can be located in either our Toronto, Ontario or Kelowna, British Columbia office and comes with an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: two (2) weeks paid vacation after completion of first three months of employment, a paid day off on your birthday, personal and volunteer time, and 50% off a gym membership up to $40/month.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Utilize superior technical troubleshooting skills to provide hands on support.
- Troubleshoot incidents to restore services, while aiming at First Call Resolution
- Respond to monitoring system events, troubleshoot and resolve incidents without escalations.
- Identify system improvements which may include upgrading, installing and configuring systems
- Respond to online and phone Service Desk requests from clients while achieving high Customer Satisfaction
- Provide answers and support to clients by identifying problems, and guiding clients through corrective steps
- Contribute to Knowledge Base and systems documentation, ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Contribute to project work and ongoing documentation libraries
- Exceed customer expectations.
The skills you will need…
- Minimum 2 years AWS Support experience
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience supporting Linux RedHat Server environment
- Experience supporting Magentoor ATG e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, MySQLand webhosting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Proven relevant technical ability with a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills
- Associate Degree in IT Services or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification in Linux, AWS, Magento, Microsoft, Network or VMware highly desirable
- Applicants must be willing to work shift work, weekends or afternoons
How to Apply:
If you meet our qualifications and are a highly organized, motivated, and resolution-minded individual, we want to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, specifying which location you are applying for.
Only resumes from those who are currently authorized to work for any Canadian employer will be reviewed and considered.
All job offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check, reference check and personality profile.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services! We are an equal opportunity employer.