Hybris Systems Engineer
About the role:
At Tenzing, we provide technology managed services for customers running SAP/Hybris and other online commerce platforms. Being a Hybris Systems Engineer at Tenzing, your job will be to act as the principal Hybris subject matter expert for Tenzing and it’s customers. You will create and maintain reference architectures for Hybris on various platforms that leverage Tenzing’s managed services. You will identify patterns in our customer’s technology needs and be a key part of the team that commercializes them.
- Design technology reference architectures for Hybris using bare-metal as well as cloud infrastructure & services.
- Identify patterns of technology amongst Hybris customers & partners that Tenzing could develop into services & solutions for our customers.
- Work with other architects to develop a technology roadmap that best serves Tenzing’s core customers.
- Advise the VP of Technology, Hybris Practice Lead and other senior managers on technology related to Hybris and enterprise web applications.
- Be a subject matter expert on Hybris for Tenzing and it’s customers.
Work with our Hybris practice lead, managed services team and engineering teams to design and launch new services.
- Contribute ‘hands on’ engineering skills to drive projects over the finish line when required.
- A strong communicator – you will need to communicate clearly, directly and persuasively in writing and in person. Being able to run meetings and manage all kinds of people, from technical experts to c-level executives.
- Curious & analytical – a combination of analytical skill and insatiable curiosity is paramount in this position. You must be able to ask the right questions and listen very carefully to the answers. Designing the right systems or solutions means understanding what users & stakeholders want and need.
- A leader – you need strong & effective leadership skills because of the need to get different groups and stakeholders to believe in a vision and technology roadmap for commerce technology.
- A planner – you will be planning short term engineering work and longer term technology roadmaps, that may often cover an extended period of time.
- Strategic – you must understand what is really important to a business or organization and focus on technologies and solutions most likely to provide competitive advantages or to improve productivity or profitability. Thus, you must understand business strategy and prioritize accordingly.
- A strong general background in enterprise computing. Ideally this means a degree in computer science, similar discipline or a lot of work experience in a relevant field and a good working understanding of how enterprises use information technology for a wide range of uses.
- 5+ years managing production SAP/Hybris environments.
- 7+ years experience with IT infrastructure, including cloud computing, automation, databases, middleware and web applications.
- 7+ years managing large scale, enterprise or retail web application workloads.
- 5+ years of commerce experience in retail or B2B information technology.
- 5+ years of database administration experience, particularly with Oracle database and or MySQL.
- 5+ years experience with Java application servers – Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss
- Security awareness and specific experience with securing web application and the PCI-DSS.
- Experience working in or supporting a development team – source code control, CI/CD, automated testing.
- Ability to write code for the purposes of infrastructure management – Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.
- A good understanding of the DevOps mind-set.
Are you ready to find out more?
If this sounds like you and the direction you want to take your career, go ahead and apply email@example.com.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018