Software Development Manager
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with strong verbal skills who is excited by presenting big ideas to executives. Reporting to the VP of Technology, the successful candidate will build and lead Tenzing’s talented engineering team.
This position is located in our Toronto office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Build, lead and manage an agile, cross-functional engineering team of talented and strong technical engineers
- Drive the delivery of high quality product – consisting of infrastructure and software components, using short, agile release cycles
- Steer development, testing and integration activities for multiple projects in all phases, including initiation, planning, execution and roll-out
- Interact with other senior managers and executives at Tenzing to drive consensus on priorities
- Work collaboratively with architects and other staff to determine the best direction and approach to system design and implementation
- Ensure solutions are designed and developed using high technical and quality standards
- Manage day to date activities of the team and communication
- Own selection of tools, setting processes and incorporation of these into the engineering world
- Mentor and facilitate the growth of the team to remain a high performing, self-organizing, agile team
- Minimum 10 years experience of development and/or engineering experience, including 3+ years in a senior or lead role
- Minimum 3 years experience with public cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Minimum 2 years experience in an engineering or development management role
The skills you will need…
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical details into business understandable status
- Ability to build consensus through teamwork and agile development practices
- A proven leader of low attrition and high morale teams
- Ability to work in a leadership role, operating independently and taking initiative on your priorities
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications and like our story, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please specify which job you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.