Director, Partner Channel Development
TENZING Managed IT Services is a world-class Commerce Service Provider focused on managed services, with an award winning approach to hosting business-critical applications and reaching broad markets to address the unique business challenges faced by companies that have an ecommerce presence.
Are you up for an exciting challenge in a dynamic, high-growth environment?
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Partner Channel Development to play an integral part in our growth by acquiring, nurturing and developing strategic partnerships with the goal of building pipeline and driving new client acquisitions. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for working directly with Ecommerce ISV’s and Strategic Systems Integrators.
Our ideal candidate will have a track record of success and experience in new business development, including both direct and channel-based selling models. In addition, the candidate should have suitable domain expertise within the broad ecommerce solution stack compromising the ecommerce software platform, professional services / delivery and managed services / hosting.
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Develops and implement a successful channel and partner strategy for the organization.
- Acquire, develop and manage relationships with strategic SI and ISV partners within the e-commerce ecosystem, including but not limited to Oracle Commerce, SAP/hybris and Magento.
- Maintain personal relationships with key sales, business development and executive stakeholders within assigned Partners, and as appropriate, facilitate introductions to peers within Tenzing – from sales through executives.
- Lead and be seen as a thought leader on new innovative engagements.
- Educate and train the Partner’s Sales/Business Development teams and Executives on Tenzing offerings.
- Develop a standardized and structured approach for assessing partners based on quantitative and qualitative factors to ensure that Tenzing’s channel potential is optimized.
- Provide key insights to internal stakeholders (Regional Sales Directors, Executives and senior managers) to improve Tenzing’s understanding of market trends, requirements and competition by developing a structured approach for identification and measurement.
- Build / develop a pipeline of qualified new client acquisition sales opportunities through the assigned partnership, supporting Regional Sales Directors in their business development and pipeline growth objectives.
- Build, execute and maintain business plans with each assigned partner, including conducting Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Develop annual goals and objectives for growth through assigned partners, including the development and maintenance of viable business plan to ensure long-term goals are realized.
- Support local marketing and business development activities with key partners in North America in support of pipeline development objectives.
- Attend and represent Tenzing at Industry events, such as IRCE, Shop.org, etc.
- Develop insights into the nuances of attracting clients in the area of e-Commerce.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Directors to ensure Tenzing builds and maintains strong relationships with ecommerce ISV platforms and system integrators.
- Accountable for key metrics regarding channel development and effectiveness, including but not limited to the number of new partners acquired, the quality of those new partners, pipeline growth generated through the partner channel, and capturing continuously greater share of managed services business with that partner.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Possesses a strong customer orientation.
- Is able to build diverse and lasting relationships.
- Able to handle complexity, and has a strong bias to fact-based management, decision-making and analysis.
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems, with a bias to action and results.
- Able to work comfortably in a matrixed environment with cross-functional processes and teaming.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and people management skills.
- Is comfortable in a technology environment with a natural curiosity and desire to stay informed regarding market trends.
- Experience with Salesforce.com is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience (Masters / MBA is an asset).
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the ecommerce ecosystem
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a business development or partner / alliance management role that required consultative selling, including a demonstrated track record of results.
- Prior experience working with technical products, services and solutions, as well as demonstrated experience interacting with technical people, both fielding and responding to questions.
- Highly competitive Compensation Package (Salary and variable compensation)
- Excellent benefits package, including employee health, dental and 3 weeks of vacation
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications like our story, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please specific which job you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018