Director, Partner and Alliances
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, private equity backed, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting and delivering managed services for comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. Tenzing has been winning extensively with US.
Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be a critical change agent in the company, challenged to help shape a scalable technology/service organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
The Director is an extraordinary ambassador and evangelist for commerce and understands the key role technology alliances and partners contribute to an omni-channel retail strategy. They will play an integral part in our growth by identifying and monetizing new go-to-market plays and pathways to new revenue through strategic partners and alliances. Holding accountability for both revenue generation and partner operational service delivery and satisfaction this is an integral and highly important role for Tenzing’s revenue generation engine.
Tenzing operates in a broad, interconnected ecosystem of ecommerce players, and the market moves very fast, thus placing a premium on our connectedness to commerce alliances and partners. This role will lead Tenzing’s transition into a deeply immersive, partner-centric culture that enables the company to build a pathway to new business, improve our ability to learn, rapidly innovate based on those learnings, and improve our time to market for those innovations. This role will be accountable for fostering a strong connection between the company and our alliances and partners, building tactics and executing on with partners to mutual successes and outcomes.
The Director will be involved in acquiring, nurturing and/or developing strategic commerce partnerships as an integral part of their mandate. The core goal is to build pipeline and drive new Client (New Logo) acquisitions via channel and partners and maintain an industry leading partner satisfaction score. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for working directly with ISV’s and Strategic Systems Integrators to find compatible ways to market and sell together.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success and experience in new business development. In addition, the candidate should have suitable domain expertise within the broad ecommerce solution stack comprising the ecommerce software platform, professional services, and delivery of managed services and hosting.
The incumbent will:
- Identify, secure, and develop strategic partnerships with Commerce ISVs, SI and alternative channels that lead to the acquisition of retail, merchants, and brand manufacturers
- Build world-class partnerships that achieve both strategic (market impacting) and tactical (MRR and pipeline growth) objectives for Tenzing and the partners.
- Ensure service delivery and operational score cards are being met and that the partners have strong affinity with Tenzing due to the excellence of service delivery for commerce based technology services
- Achieve cross-functional alignment with partners relative to core elements of each partnership – sales, marketing, client success and operations.
- Build out an alliance/partner programs and the relevant processes that foster the ability of Tenzing and partners to acquire and retain current customers, learn from each other, and develop innovative new solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a channel / partner strategy for the organization
- Identify and monetize organic growth opportunities across all partner channels
- Acquire, develop and manage executive relationships with strategic SI and ISV partners
- Develop annual goals and objectives for growth through assigned partners, including the development and maintenance of viable business plans to ensure long-term goals are realized
- Maintain personal relationships with key sales, business development and executive stakeholders
- Educate and train the Partner’s Sales/Business Development teams and Executives on Tenzing offerings
- Provide learnings and insights internally to improve Tenzing’s understanding of market trends, requirements and competition
- Develop a standardized and structured approach for assessing partners based on quantitative and qualitative factors to ensure that Tenzing’s channel potential is optimized
- Build / develop a pipeline of qualified new client logos via the partner and channels
- Build, execute and maintain business plans with each assigned partner, including conducting Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
- Support local marketing and business development activities with key partners in North America in support of pipeline development objectives
- Maintain personal relationships with key sales, business development and executive stakeholders within the partner channel, and as appropriate, facilitate introductions to peers within Tenzing – from sales, operations, marketing and through to executives
- Work closely with Regional Sales Directors to ensure Tenzing builds and maintains strong relationships with ecommerce ISV platforms and system integrators.
- Attend and represent Tenzing at Industry events, such as IRCE, Shop.org, etc.
- Accountable for key metrics regarding channel development and effectiveness, including but not limited to the number of new partners acquired, the quality of those new partners, pipeline growth generated through the partner channel, and capturing continuously greater share of managed services business with that partner
- Submit monthly analysis and sales and marketing reports, monthly reports on budget, pipeline, and revenue to the VP, New Client Sales
- Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) for the President and Board of Directors by developing market intelligence, operating mechanisms around competitor intelligence, product intelligence, market sizing, market analysis and market research. Schedule and execute the QBRs and disseminate market intelligence including trends in commerce, products, and services across Tenzing’s key segments and partners
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for partner management
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Highest Priority Skills
- Possesses a strong partner and channel orientation with commerce experience, preferably in hybris and Oracle Commerce
- Ability to build diverse executive relationships experience
- Can connect dots to trends and changes in the marketplace to Tenzing strategy
- Able to handle complexity, and has a strong bias to fact-based management, decision-making and analysis
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems, with a bias to action and results
- Able to work comfortably in a matrixed environment with cross-functional processes and teaming and can influence across functional teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and people management skills
- Is comfortable in a technology environment with a natural curiosity and desire to stay informed regarding market trends
- Highly collaborative, hands-on management style. A person who can work as part of the sales management team
- Supporting Partner networks and vendors that support Retailers and Commerce
- Hosting Industry and Internet Technologies
- Sales Methodologies
- IT Service Delivery Methods
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.