Director, Oracle Commerce
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
As the leader for one of Tenzing’s most strategic and biggest business segments with 20+ Oracle Commerce clients, this individual will provide business and technical leadership to the organization. The Director will build senior relationships with key clients and primary vendors like Oracle and the system integretors.This individual will deliver innovative managed services, application support and consulting capabilities centered on Oracle’s Commerce solutions including Endeca and the Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC). The Director will influence and motivate key internal service providers to deliver world class service for leading retailers, merchants and manufacturers that are pursuing IT transformation through modern eCommerce applications and infrastructure consumption. They will play a critical role and be the product owner, manager and business leader for Oracle.
The Director will have a strong combination of product/service vision, sound technical judgement and an effective commercialization ability to drive significant, profitable revenue growth within this unit. As a leader you will be recognized for your ability to build strong relationships with target clients, developing industry leading domain expertise and driving that expertise through the organization as a whole. You are a forward-thinking visionary with a deep understanding of the technology transformation occurring in the retail marketplace and will be sought out by clients, prospects and the industry for your insights.
This individual will be passionate about building a high performance team to deliver exceptional standards-based services to clients with complex digital commerce and managed infrastructure environments. The leader will develop and oversee the product and services road map and drive critical decisions around technology choices, major investments and key vendor relationships specific to their practice. A significant component of value creation will be driven by the creation of proprietary IP, Dev Ops and cloud utilization through collaboration with the VP Technology. This individual will work closely with the VP, Commerce, CRO, and the President in articulating the long term vision and mission for the Practice. The role will involve critical buy, build or partner decisions around technology investments with M&A activity expected to accelerate in FY 2017.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Key member of the management team responsible for developing and managing the go-to-market plan that will substantially increase revenue, build market share and establish a differentiated brand in the market place.
- Drive profitable revenue growth delivering managed services and managed-application-as-a-service to core clients consuming Oracle Commerce as a critical part of their supply chain
- Define the Oracle Commerce roadmap for ATG and Endeca and to demonstrate the path to support Oracle Commerce Cloud
- Drive Tenzing’s penetration/market share of retailers/merchants/manufacturers/ distributors on the OC platform
- Develop consulting and Professional services engagements to develop quick and effective relationships with the target market
- Work closely with the Client Success team to increase wallet share with Oracles customers by delivering standard managed services across more of their infrastructure needs.
- Build meaningful relationships with key clients, prospects and Oracle Commerce to inform the product roadmap and effectively advocate on their behalf.
- As a thought leader build effective sales and marketing communication tools to empower the Tenzing team pursuing qualified leads and prospects.
- Author white papers, present at industry conferences and represent Tenzing with major vendors on their Product Advisory councils
- >Engage directly with key clients and prospects on consulting engagements related to IT Transformation, effective Oracle integration and cloud consumption in the supply chain.
- Help to recruit and train high performance professionals while building a strong sense of team identity and client advocacy within the Oracle Commerce Practice.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- >5-10 years of experience Oracle Commerce pre-sales, product management, consulting or technical service delivery
- Previous experience managing a full P&L with revenue and cost management targets
- Domain experience/expertise in eCommerce, Oracle, ATG or enterprise retail segments (Fortune 1,000) would be highly valued.
- Track record identifying and pursuing business development initiatives with clients, partners and vendors.
- Deep understanding of mission critical, high availability systems (preferably in Commerce technologies or supply chain solutions) that enable strong problem solving skills to resolve complex issues
- Worked in consulting environments and delivered expertise to commerce clients and systems integrators on platform selection and/or implementation
- Demonstrated ability to manage/influence cross functional teams in a service delivery model
- Effective public speaker and comfortable in a technology/IT transformation evangelist role
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.