Director Data Center Operations
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Oracle Commerce, Intershop, Hybris, Magento, and Websphere. Based on Tenzing’s experience hosting multiple eCommerce customers and in collaboration with SI partners, Tenzing has developed a set of reference architectures to standardize configurations which now also leverages asset-free deployments including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy. Tenzing has progressively moved away from generalist managed service offerings and this role will be challenged to help shape a scalable infrastructure organization to sustain the accelerated growth.
The Director of Data Center Operations is a senior leader in IT infrastructure who will lead the transformation of our data center Infrastructure Services while maintaining industry leading service levels for our customers. This individual will be passionate about optimizing our existing management of infrastructure in terms of technology, process, people and vendors. During the first year this strategic thinker will begin to develop a transformational plan to make infrastructure more consumable as a service with greater levels of automation and ease.
This individual will build and drive our infrastructure strategy and lead teams that manage infrastructure in multiple data center locations across North America. The Director of Data Center Operations will leverage modern technologies and tools to effectively compete for all new business to be run on their infrastructure. Other areas of focus for this role will include developing talent, leadership and mentoring, and developing strategic orientated business cases with economic feasibility.
By leveraging his/ her knowledge of best practices across the industry, the individual will promote and support a culture of excellence, by inspiring people, building a strong team and connecting them to the organization’s strategy and a longer term vision to provide Infrastructure services globally.
The Data Center Operations Group is also accountable for vendor management and SLA management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- P/L responsibility. Increase the profitability of our Data Center Infrastructure business by capturing new client opportunities and maintaining or lowering operating costs over time.
- Make Tenzing’s managed infrastructure an industry-leading environment for uptime, deployment time, scalability, performance and overall ease of consumptions.
- Build strong business cases for core customers to move more of their infrastructure requirements to Tenzing.
- Ensure Tenzing’s managed data center infrastructure services are prepared and optimized to co-exist and collaborate with market-leading public cloud services.
- Mitigate risks to the datac enter infrastructure to ensure maximum resiliency, security and availability of infrastructure services
- Assess Tenzing’s position in providing infrastructure services and build appropriate plans and recommendations to deliver services that drive value for our customers and economic benefit for Tenzing
- Work with the VP, Technology in the development and deployment of automation tools.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Significant experience with infrastructure management through automation. Evidence of thought leadership in modern data center design and management.
- Ability to set strategy and influence leadership on all Infrastructure related matters
- Experienced in running mission-critical infrastructure services and leading teams that are geographically dispersed
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills with a track record of recruiting, developing and managing top talent to work cooperatively and effectively
- 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology Operations with a minimum 5 years in a senior management role with evidence of leading and developing high performance managers
- Vendor Selection, Negotiation and Cost Optimization
- Skilled in Security technologies and the current and near-term Security risks, issues and opportunities to address them
- Compliance and Audits (PCI-DSS, ISO 27001)
How to Apply
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. If you meet our qualifications, like our story and is interested in learning more about the role , please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please specific which job you are applying for in the subject line. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018