According to eMarketer, Worldwide Retail Ecommerce Sales will reach $1.915 Trillion this year. Double-digit growth will continue through to 2020, when sales will top $4 trillion. Further, in 2016 retail e-commerce sales hit 8.7% of all retail sales, and in 2017 it is expected to exceed 10%. These statistics lead us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Founded in 1998, Tenzing is a managed services company that specializes in the deployment, management, and evolution of sophisticated e-commerce environments for its growing client base. In early 2014, Tenzing’s focus shifted to servicing North American based midsized merchants (retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors). Tenzing’s primary customers are merchants investing in the digital transformation of their supply chains and related IT infrastructure. Tenzing has developed expertise in enterprise customer-facing order capture ecommerce platforms, like Oracle Commerce, SAP Hybris and Magento. Through increased investment in Client Success Management, Tenzing has demonstrated an ability to expand the range of client infrastructure they manage for clients. Tenzing has also developed expertise in guiding retail merchants through their busiest times of the year, as well as managing e-commerce environments on cloud platforms like AWS.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. Tenzing supports some of the best-known brands in North America across a variety of industries covering both B2C and B2B driven merchants. Tenzing has been winning extensively with merchants that are on strategy and who value the services that Tenzing delivers as a trusted and essential partner of choice.
Tenzing is firmly at the intersection of two major growth markets – e-commerce/omnichannel and public cloud and is making investments that will steer the next level of growth.
The Director, Cloud Services is the senior leader for all Cloud related services who will drive the accelerated consumption of public Cloud offerings by Tenzing clients. This business and technology leader will productize and operationalize all public cloud offerings from major service providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google.
This individual will be passionate about leveraging cloud infrastructure in terms of technology, process, people and vendors. During the first year this strategic thinker will begin to develop a transformational plan to make public cloud infrastructure more consumable as a service with greater levels of automation, security and performance for the Tenzing core client and partner application platforms. This combined business and technical leader will aspire to move all Tenzing existing and future clients onto more automated and efficient infrastructures.
The Director Cloud Services will leverage modern technologies and tools to effectively compete for all new business to be run on their infrastructure. Other areas of focus for this role will include developing talent, leadership and mentoring, and developing strategic orientated business cases with economic feasibility.
By leveraging his/her knowledge of best practices across the industry, the individual will promote and support a culture of excellence, by inspiring people, building a strong team and connecting them to the organization’s strategy and a longer term vision to provide Infrastructure services globally.
The leader will manage key vendors, optimizing costs, leveraging their technology teams, and ensuring the broader Tenzing team is aware of access to training programs and market development funds. An important aspect of this role is to understand and influence key vendor roadmaps and to align Tenzing to them. Working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, this individual will ensure vendors are aware of Tenzing’s unique managed expertise value proposition on their public clouds and are developing joint pipeline opportunities by creating awareness with sales people and partner managers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish a vision and associated roadmaps for Tenzing’s use of AWS, Azure and GCP
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships for Tenzing’s public cloud partners.
- P/L responsibility. Increase the revenue and profitability of our Cloud Operations by capturing new client opportunities and maintaining or lowering operating costs over time.
- Build customer confidence with respect to public cloud infrastructure to meet their requirements from performance to security and cost.
- Manage vendor relationships to deliver positive client experiences
- Dramatically increase the delivery of public cloud infrastructure deployments by Tenzing
- Make Tenzing’s managed public cloud infrastructure an industry leading environment for performance of core applications, deployment time, scalability, performance and overall ease of consumption.
- Work with the Director, Platform Engineering in the development and deployment of automation tools.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Significant experience with product management with public cloud or SaaS technologies and services
- Evidence of thought leadership in cloud technologies, cloud consumption, and the value proposition of public clouds
- Experienced in vendor selection and vendor management
- Significant experience with public cloud infrastructure being consumed by enterprise applications and delivering devops and CI/CD benefits
- Evidence of thought leadership in consuming public cloud from security to performance and cost management.
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills with a track record of recruiting, developing and managing top talent to work cooperatively and effectively
- 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology with a minimum 3 years in a senior management role with evidence of leading and developing high performance teams
- Vendor Selection, Contract Negotiation and Cost Optimization
- Skilled in Security technologies and the current and near-term Security risks, issues and opportunities to address them
- Compliance and Audits (PCI-DSS, ISO 27001)
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018