DevOps Systems Engineer
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
About the role
We are currently seeking a DevOps Systems Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be part of a cross-functional, agile engineering team consisting of software developers and systems engineers. You will work with Linux, AWS and varied other infrastructure platforms and combine your skills with others on the Engineering team to deliver great capabilities to Tenzing internal teams and commerce customers.
This is a permanent full time position, located in our Toronto office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Work as a member of an agile engineering team to develop capabilities for Tenzing internal teams & customers
- Bring forth your expertise on hosting and infrastructure to help the team collectively deliver projects
- Complete system development tasks including design, integration, documentation and testing
- Oversee transition of engineering deliverables into production
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for automated configuration management & maintenance
- Provide warranty and support to internal Tenzing teams for work done
- Work with other team members to improve processes and advance the engineering competency at Tenzing
- Super comfortable with Linux systems and a scripting guru
- An expert in website hosting and virtualization
- Experienced supporting deployment automation and software development teams (ansible, puppet, chef)
- A team player, one that recognizes the power of agile, team based delivery
- Excited by the phrase ‘infrastructure as code’, devops role experience
- Very well versed in infrastructure & application monitoring tools (nagios, new relic, etc.)
- Able to effectively decompose problems into workable chunks to work on
- Experienced at working on large projects with deadlines
- 5+ years of professional experience with Linux
- 3+ years of IT experience in systems administration or engineering
- 3+ years of experience with production LAMP and/or Java web stacks – setup, performance and security
- 3+ years of experience with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Postgresql
- 3+ years writing code with bash, python, ruby
- 3+ years working with tools to support version control, build automation and automated testing (e.g. SVN, Git, Jenkins, Selenium)
- 1+ years of experience building solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 1+ years of experience working alongside software developers in an agile team environment
- 1+ years of experience with virtualization
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018