We are currently seeking a Data Center Deployment Technician to join a talented team responsible for the deployment of complex IT infrastructures running on both Linux and Microsoft technologies. The successful candidate must have working experience as a System Administrator working in a Data Center, must possess strong communication and organizational skills, and must have a strong client focused approach.
The Technician will be responsible for deploying equipment in the Data Center itself along with the entire deployment schedule, through planning, coordination and evaluation of work during all stages of the deployment process. The Technician will closely work together with clients and other Tenzing’s departments to get the deployment right the first time, every time.
This position is 50% working within in Tenzing’s Dallas Data Center and 50% working from home. Preference will be given to candidates in proximity to our Data Center.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Rack mounting servers and other computing equipment.
- Post installing server equipment and install software in accordance with company standards
- Attaching and labeling network, KVM, and power cables in accordance with network diagrams.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and replacing servers and other computing equipment.
- Receiving, unpacking, and inventorying equipment from vendors.
- Performing support services for our customers.
- Logging and tracking activities in a ticketing system.
- Speaking directly with customers or vendors on service issues.
- Assisting with deployment, upgrade, or downgrade of enterprise-class Linux and Windows hosting solutions on both bare-metal and virtualized platforms (including AWS), in close cooperation with Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Operational resources
- Working with Solution Engineering, Sales and Operations, to develop the deployment schedule and provide accurate deployment timelines
- Accountable for all aspects of the deployment process, including communication, coordination and reporting
- Accountable for deployment delivery and hand-off to Operations
- Adhere to the existing QA program
- Responsible for identifying any non-standard deployment concerns and quantifying the associated risk while managing internal stakeholder and client expectations
The skills you will need…
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience as a Linux System Administrator and/or Data Center Technician
- Diploma or Higher Education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Equivalent Industry Experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions
- Attention to detail to produce high quality work
- Ability to demonstrate experience with deploying servers in a large scale multi-tiered infrastructure
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of file systems concepts and server clustering technologies and methodologies
- Familiarity with ITIL methodologies and implementations
- Ability to work well both independently and in as a member of a remote team
- Participate in Tenzing’s on call program
Additional skills and qualifications:
- Preferred Certifications:Linux (RHCSE, etc.), CISCO (CCNA, etc.), Juniper (JNCIA, etc.)
- Experience with NetApp, EVA, Brocade and/or other SAN technologies
- ITIL certified
How to Apply:
If you meet our qualifications and have a passion for Operational Excellence, we want to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All job offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check, reference check and personality profile.
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services, we are an equal opportunity employer!
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018