Customer Success Lead
According to eMarketer, eCommerce is the only trillion-dollar industry experiencing double-digit year-over-year growth. In 2012, global eCommerce sales topped a trillion dollars for the first time ($1.1 trillion). If estimates are accurate by 2018 eCommerce will grow to $2.49 trillion. These figures alone are compelling, however, coupled with the US Census Bureau’s estimate that only 7% of retail sales are currently done online leads us to believe that the eCommerce industry will be a dynamic, lucrative market for many years to come.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is a privately-held, managed hosting company founded in 1998. Tenzing specializes in hosting comprehensive enterprise-class eCommerce, software-as-a-service, and other enterprise Web applications. The Company’s key differentiators include its expertise and focus around managed services supporting leading eCommerce software platforms such as Hybris, Oracle Commerce and Magento.
Tenzing is capitalizing on two major market trends that are starting to intersect which is the growth in enterprise eCommerce/merchant applications and the growth in public cloud platform consumption. In the past 18 months Tenzing has been winning extensively with US merchants and 2015 represented a pivotal year smashing previous “new contract sales” records in the company with the majority of them on strategy.
Are you able to work with clients to oversee technical challenges and bring them to resolution? Do you understand what it takes to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and enjoy being an advocate for clients’ interests? Are you a technical generalist who has a broad understanding of e-commerce platforms like Oracle Commerce, hybris, Magento e-Commerce or SaaS? Can you translate tech-talk into real-world language? Can you identify trends in business and infrastructure needs and apply that data to advise clients in being more efficient and effective? Real Customer Success comes from a need to help customers succeed and if you are passionate about helping Customers then Tenzing’s Customer Success team is the place for you.
As a Customer Success Lead you are part of a team of individuals dedicated to ensuring Tenzing clients are successful both in their use of Tenzing services but also within their business. Working closely with a small group of Customer Success Managers, you will be responsible for the day to day care and oversite of accounts within your portfolio. You will interact closely with your end users and will build expertise within client systems, acting as Subject Matter Expert on these environments and platforms. You will have a deep understanding of the client’s business and how they are leveraging Tenzing’s services. You will advocate for your clients’ needs within our organization, influencing new services and how service is delivered to maximize customer satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technical end-users leveraging Tenzing’s support teams
- Manage day to day tactical activities and escalations on assigned accounts or as required
- Review open tickets daily on assigned accounts (or as required), ensure appropriate prioritization and response
- Act as technical subject matter expert on assigned accounts or as required
- Own customer downtime, take action to reduce/mitigate downtime and prevent; make recommendations to address performance/availability issues to clients and Customer Success Managers
- Perform regular client documentation audits, design and document client specific standard operating procedures
- Assist with design of customer alerts/monitors
- Perform regular capacity and performance assessments on assigned accounts or as required
- Assist with migration planning and execution between environments
- Assist with deployment coordination where required
- Assist with project management/coordination as required
- Assist with deployment of advanced managed services and third party services as required
- Assist with client DR planning, documentation and annual testing
- Assist with solutioning simple-medium complexity services upgrades/changes on client accounts
- Attend regular account meetings on assigned accounts or as required
- Monitor clients’ use of Tenzing services
- Make recommendations to Product Management and Engineering on new services or improvement to Tenzing services
- Leverage learnings from customer interactions and qualitative and quantitative data to come up with new ideas for improving customer experience
- Recommend complimentary services to client/Customer Success Manager
- Maintain documentation accuracy in Cherwell, Salesforce, Client Wiki
- Contribute to account plans; own assigned action items
- Other duties as required
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar technical role with a general technical skillbase:
- Experience with a service desk methodology
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms or Linux Server Platforms
- Knowledge of hosting environments and infrastructure (Servers, SAN, Networks, etc.)
- General knowledge of Oracle, SQL and other Database Technologies
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies (VM Ware, HyperV)
- Ability to problem-solve on the fly and come up with creative out-of-the-box solutions that delight customers and help achieve business goals
- A strong attention to detail balanced with the ability to pull up, connect the dots, and see the big picture
- A passion for connecting with and advocating for customers. Experience providing technical support a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (phone, email, presentation) with a bias for over communicating with the customer on all matters
- Excellent time management skills and must be able to work independently
- Ability to multitask and properly prioritize initiatives
- Experience working with multiple departments, including Technical Teams, Sales, Marketing, and Development teams
- Ability to explain and present technical concepts to non-technical customers
- Must maintain a positive, enthusiastic, self-starter attitude with an innate desire to meet and exceed expectations
- Experience using Salesforce and/or Cherwell an asset
- Ability to travel domestically and outside of Canada
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.