CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
At Tenzing, we provide infrastructure, application and security management to customers doing business online. We have customers worldwide and use great technology to deliver performance, stability and security to those customers. We are about 80 employees and growing, with offices in downtown Toronto, Kelowna and Pune.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be part of a cross-functional, agile engineering team consisting of software developers and systems engineers. You will work with Linux, AWS and varied other infrastructure platforms and combine your skills with others on the Engineering team to deliver great capabilities to Tenzing internal teams and commerce customers.
This is a permanent full time position, located in our Toronto office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Work as a member of an agile engineering team to develop capabilities for Tenzing internal teams & customers
- Bring forth your expertise on hosting and infrastructure to help the team collectively deliver projects
- Complete system development tasks including design, integration, documentation and testing
- Oversee transition of engineering deliverables into production
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for automated configuration management & maintenance
- Provide warranty and support to internal Tenzing teams for work done
- Work with other team members to improve processes and advance the engineering competency at Tenzing
- Super comfortable with Linux systems and a scripting guru
- An expert in website hosting, virtualization, networking & security
- Experienced supporting and developing deployment automation
- A team player, one that recognizes the power of agile, team based delivery
- Excited by the phrase ‘infrastructure as code’, devops role experience
- Very well versed in infrastructure & application monitoring
- Able to effectively decompose problems into workable chunks to work on
- Experienced at working on large projects with deadlines
- 5+ years of professional experience with Linux
- 5+ years of IT experience in systems administration or engineering
- 5+ years writing code with bash, python, ruby
- 5+ years working with data-center infrastructure technologies like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Routers, Firewalls
- 3+ years of experience working with software defined infrastructure projects and automation
- 3+ years of experience working with networking and security
- 3+ years of experience in software development like c, java
Are you ready to find out more?
If you meet the requirements for this position and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018