Cloud Infrastructure Architect
We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join our Technology team. In this role, you will drive Tenzing’s adoption of AWS and public cloud services in the services we provide to our customers. You will work with our commerce platform teams to understand their needs and on the backend with our engineering team to create those capabilities. You will be Tenzing’s cloud infrastructure expert and will advise management and our customers on cloud computing.
This position is located either in our Toronto or Kelowna office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Own architecture and roadmap for infrastructure services we provide on AWS today
- Work with our commerce platform and engineering teams to deliver new services
- Be a subject matter expert for AWS and public cloud for Tenzing and its customers
- Advise the VP of Technology on all matters related to cloud technology
- Work closely with AWS and other public cloud vendors to enhance those relationships
- Evangelize and advocate for cloud technology
- Contribute ‘hands on’ engineering skills to drive projects over the finish line
- Minimum of 3 years building scalable, resilient infrastructure solutions on AWS
- Minimum 7 years of systems architecture, engineering or administration experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Linux systems, including networking and virtualization
- Minimum 3 years working on or with agile team
- Advanced education in Computer Science or related fields and/or related work experience
- Expertise in scripting in languages like Python, Perl, Bash or Ruby
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
The skills you will need…
- Problem solving and a logical approach to solving problems
- Desire to continuously learn and improve your skills
- Commitment to high quality and the principles of ‘done done’
- Ability to communicate ideas and proposals to management and technical staff
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications and this sounds like the direction you want to take your career, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please specify which job you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018