Application Support Engineer, Oracle Commerce
We are seeking a Application Support Engineer to join our Oracle Commerce team. The ideal candidate is a Java Application Specialist who can work with the team to deploy and support Oracle Commerce/ATG applications for our customers and be responsible for the application layer components. The successful candidate will be working with big name retailers and ensuring their stores run optimally.
This position is located either in our Toronto or Kelowna office and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Who are we? TENZING delivers solutions and services that enhance performance, maintain security and simplify compliance for retailers and manufacturers. By combining deep technical expertise with exceptional service delivery and support, Tenzing helps clients alleviate risk and maximize revenue from their digital investments.
Why work with us? We take care of the basics. We expect a great deal from our team and in return we provide attractive compensation packages and opportunities for advancement. We believe in investing in our employees. When our employees get smarter, we get smarter. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing…
- Application and middleware deployment for Oracle Commerce and related applications
- Administration of JBoss, Weblogic, Apache, Endeca and other applications
- Troubleshooting application issues and incidents, performance and otherwise
- JVM tuning, troubleshooting GC issues
- Web application performance testing
- Co-ordinate with other Tenzingers to offer a great customer experience for our clientele
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer deployments
- Identify opportunities for growth and advancement of the service offerings
- Participate in customer solution and incident reviews
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Mentor and assist other Tenzingers in your areas of expertise
The skills you will need…
- 3-5 years experience and a solid understanding of Linux
- 1-3 years Java application experience
- 1-3 years web server experience: Apache, NGINX
- 1-3 years middleware experience: JBoss, Weblogic
- Strong experience with common scripting languages (e.g. Back, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with SCM: Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation: Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience working with mission critical web or commerce applications
- Experience working with load balancing systems – Hardware and Software
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace)
- Strong familiarity with Oracle database administration concepts, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Ability to diagnose and fix issues in complex web environments involving hardware, software and networking
- Experience with Oracle Commerce and Endeca is desirable
- Knowledge of network and security concepts (e.g. TCP/IP stack, load balancing, firewalls, routing)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibilities
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in Tenzing Managed IT Services. If you meet our qualifications and like our story, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please specify which job you are applying for in the subject line.
Tenzing Managed IT Services is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest posts by Aisling McCaffrey (see all)
- Five Tips to Prepare Your Cloud Infrastructure for the Holiday Season Traffic - September 24, 2018
- 3 Steps to Get Your Digital Innovation Journey Started - May 30, 2018
- What not to miss at IRCE 2018! - May 23, 2018